Swift Current Creek MT Now Available With Jumping Fish

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Swift Current Creek MT Now Available With Jumping Fish

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:06 am

Hi Everyone:

I stayed up all night and finished the "Swift Current MT" outing for your fishing pleasure. Swift Current Creek is located in Glacier National Park in Montana. It is a pristine small stream that drains from the Swift Current Lake. Paul provided me with these beautiful pictures and I made them into a 15 scene outing. Starting from the Swift Current Lake, and down stream to the small but beautiful stream.

Here you will be fishing for several trout species plus the delicate Arctic Grayling. I have made, and added the Jumping Rainbow, Jumping Brown and Jumping Brook Trout to this outing. It is interesting fishing as you will hook into a fish, some will jump and fight like crazy while others stay down and pull hard.

Typical tackle for this type of stream fishing would be a light 8 1/2 foot, or 9 foot graphite rod, size 5 or 6 line and 3x or smaller tippets, depending on the fly that you use. Weighted nymphs and streamers will require a heavier tippet to turn over the fly. You might go down to a size 6 tippet if you are using a small dry fly.

If you use light tackle, and small dry flies you will have a great time catching and fighting these jumping fish. I have also made a zip file which included the Swift Current Creek outing, and ALL the fish that you will need for this outing to work. It is a sizeable download but well worth the wait and bandwidth. I wanted everyone to have a trouble free installation and have some fun catching these jumping trout.

Here are a couple of fish from the outing.

Have fun and make a post on the Forum of your fishing experience. After all that hard work this is all we ask!! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley (Yellowstone7)
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Swift Current Creek MT Now Available With Jumping Fish

Postby Boston Bob » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Stanley: The jumping trout were a blast. Here's a Rainbow I caught, not a record but a nice one.
Thanks,
Boston Bob

Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Barns » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi Stanley

Not tried new outing yet , but did notice you have left files in jumping Brook Trout ie fins , modeler , skin ,skinst, profile and fish.def.

Maybe over time i will go back and do the Blue Trout and Landlocked salmon to jump.

I hope to give it a go sometime this week.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi Barns:

At 9:00 AM in the morning after a sleepless night it is easy to make mistakes. :P Consider my extra files a gift to the members as they don't interfere with their fishing. :lol:

Some members seemed to like the new jumping fish. It would be great if you go back and update some of your great fish and make them jump at little, just like real life fishing. I think this adds a bit of interest and a different dimension to the game.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi Stanley

Could you give me a hint to what you set the jump rate to for the rainbow trout.

Thanks

Barns
Barns

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 am

Hi All,
Finally I'm back and will be posting again. Paul finally fixed the problem and hopefully that will take care of the bots. Well here's some postings from Stanley's new jumping outing. So here it is. All caught on 2 wt. and 6x leader.

Stanley's Jumping Fish Outing

Fish: 19.70 inch Arctic Grayling from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: AHYNBQWWAPHTF4356ZQHBKCGWKIIVRNLDWKINRYXEREXHGNAXMYCYNUFPQZLH
Fish: 18.87 inch Jumping Brook Trout from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: RVIOIHMISZQKS1866ANVINUEENUYCZUKBGJGJHSFBLSACDEWJRKVEGSHQRNFQ
Fish: 19.05 inch Bull Trout from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: AXXHNPEVLOVJJ2233TZWKYJJZUOCEHJPKJTLWQFQSCMUNPGUIPDXXMIQDJRZC
Fish: 16.30 inch Jumping Brook Trout from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: RUXBNRMTBOVUT0941YIRJNXUCDAQVDZOTPFPVZAJBIRYQNMXNJCSCFJEMKGEM
Fish: 9.41 inch Creek Chub from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: DSXKJLTFSOZQJ0185KBXPEWSADAXBLTFHGXHQMGIINFEWQEYXMZCLXILORJFZ
Fish: 18.42 inch Jumping Brown Trout 2 from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: QIMWWBIEBFRMH8382AQVKIZNDDJYOCAMIRDEPBDPULPGUBUMCIOMUTMNUCVRV
Fish: 8.03 inch Creek Chub from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: IXAXKCMQPLQZT5250SXTJZBXKDUYSBTOJUFWYEPOXUWPXNEVEFYKRQIBDLUTQ
Fish: 20.76 inch Jumping Rainbow from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: QNYKNSSRVKZPD8650IACTVQIDDKHUAESFQLTISNLRIBKBVIKTVKYAQZHZAHVR
Fish: 23.43 inch Bull Trout from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: UFWEZKKCBRKZK9079YYFIQZAUKVHOLKCNXVHEDHAZPXJUQPXCGOYWESUIJYQO

rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi Roger:

Glad you got your login problems resolved and posting again. We miss you here at the Forum! :lol:

Nice bunch of fish you caught there and on such a light rod and leader must have been good sport. There are some records in there if you can find them. :lol:

Anyway welcome back!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi Stanley

This has got to be best outing i have fished in ages, what a difference when its real photo's. The scenery is magic, puts me in mind of some of the rivers in Scotland.

After seeing Rogers results , i thought have a go. Took a while before i caught any of the jumping fish, but the last was a terrific fight on 2w 6x, first time i have been in backing in a long time. I was fishing a small size 14 pheasant tail nymph at 3 ft and 1 or 2 shot, fish seemed to like it. I missed more than i hooked.

Here are my catches for tonight. I will be fishing this again.

Fish: 17.94 inch Arctic Grayling from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: NNVPDDJKUUPQ1265DGKFMDQBLPMVNYQWMXYIDFJFEAWWLZFQOMTIWUNJJHPZO
Fish: 23.98 inch Bull Trout from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: FTMXAQMCTLCP8191IJTKIWQACCNCNYNZSUXDQABQVJGZMVEMFRBKJGBDCWDVI
Fish: 21.94 inch Bull Trout from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: LDBZSQIKDKBJ3442TIRUSLNAMUROBMZEIGNHIJUJGWROTETPVXPEDENFVWRWR
Fish: 15.85 inch Jumping Brook Trout from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: XLNZDQSUGIYU3795ZRVBPUDJRUOUTHMRWMSYPYNPHGXMCOSPMSSMEQUODAVOI
Fish: 20.94 inch Bull Trout from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: FKXSNZJXWEGY6430UBFZNYWAUODIRGZBQWLQTSYLLSUTKFUGMHIXZVCAZARWR
Fish: 24.68 inch Jumping Brown Trout 2 from C L Swift Current Creek MT; Code: WTKOCIMCUIOW9474XUKXQYGYLCLZBQTUAICGWIPFMONTYIXFQZXDJUNQBMPZO

Great outing

Barns
Barns

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:27 am

Caught a nice 25 inch jumper rainbow and a 15 inch jumper brookie :D
reelfish074

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi Everyone at RWFF:

Hey guys, thanks for all the fishing, posts, comments and valuable feedbacks on the "Jumping fish" outing. This is the most activity we have seen on the RWFF forum for a long long time. Makes all the long, lonely hours sitting in front of the computer worthwhile. Let's keep the interest and momentum going. :lol:

Actually the idea of working with the jump rate is not entirely new. This has been applied to the Tuna by Geraldro and the Marlin fishes by Richard before. One of the side effects of upping the jump rate on the fish is sometimes the hook would come out after a prolonged fight, or the fish might throw the hook when too much pressure is applied while fighting the fish. All very realistic and positive for our fishing simulation game. I am glad that you liked the jumping effect of the Trout species as this is what makes trout fishing fun. I am also glad that I thought of this one night when I fished one of the original RWFF outings.

Barns made a very nice post and this is a real compliment to the "Jumping fish" outing coming from a great outing creator like Barns. Thanks Uncle Barnsie!! :P

Working with the multi-frame sequential photos has it's merits and also it's inherent disadvantages. The first one being if the camera was not anchored solidly throughout the picture taking the resulting animated pictures will shake violently during replay in the fishing game. Personally I find this very disturbing and this forces me to hit Shift+down arrow to disable this shaking movement.

Secondly, this type of picture can only be taken on the river bank or in stream with a tripod. Picture taking from a boat, or from a hand held camera, will be impossible. Not all fishing is done from the sand bar or from a shallow riffle where you can get in and set up and anchor your tripod and camera.

Even if we are limited to only 3 frames per cycle in our present RWFF program, the pictures taken by Paul were just outstanding requiring almost no editing or adjustment. Here is a tip for you outing makers. I noticed that on most of the scenes Paul had taken 5 pictures instead of the usual 3. In some of the scenes where there was a slight camera shake (yes, even the Guru's camera shakes in the stream), I was able to choose the best 3 pictures from the 5 available and made a reasonably good scene! Oh, did you also notice that the first scene of the Swift Current Lake was made with a image manipulation software? Not the usual Nature Illusion Studio software as the water is animated in a slightly different way here. :lol:

Anyway the work goes on to make RWFF even more interesting and more realistic for all of our members. I am sure that by following this line of thought many of our outing creators and fish and food makers will come up with some great, new and creative ideas in the near future. Thanks a ton for participating in the fishing and posting your valued comments on the forum. :lol:

Happy fishing and tight lines!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby ernser » Tue May 04, 2021 1:39 pm

What a great experience! Seems you had much fun that time. Lots of big fishes catched. Wondering if what will happen after, did you sell it or cook? :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------
Ernser| Cali Fast Home Buyers
ernser

Return to Real World Fly Fishing