Problem with outings

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Problem with outings

Postby Champ3346 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:21 am

Hei all!

i got problems with some outings that dont wanna work.
so let me ask a few questions to put som light on this problem.

Do i have to download ALL avaliable downloads for some outings to work, if not... what downloads dont have any affect on the outings to work or not?
does it have anything to say if i install outing or downloads like flies , food etc first?

when i try to enter one of the outings that dont work it says : error: supporting files have been corrupted. is there any known error that can cause this?

the outings i have problems with is lapland and Torne river that i really wanna try. anyone else had problems with theese and got it fixed , if so, please tell me how u got it fixed.

im guessing the all over answer from most will be : reinstall game and upgrade it, then install all extra material :-)

in advance thank you all

www.fiskeriket.com
Champ3346

Re: Problem with outings

Postby geraldro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Champ,

Welcome on this forum.

-Firstly : You must update RWFF to V: 128 : http://www.rwff.janrochat.com/rwffu128.zip

-secondly: you must update all foods, fishs and sound here: http://sites.google.com/site/rwffclubhouse/

- thirdly, one crosses the fingers, like one says in France :P

After update to V128, do not forget click on "rwff_update" in your RFFF folder

Regards

Gérald
Last edited by geraldro on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geraldro

Postby Champ3346 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 pm

ok... what is the right way to install the food, species etc then? i thought i just hade to unpack it, then copy and paste into the right folders, and overwrite any old ones when asked to? please say if thats right or wrong
Champ3346

Postby geraldro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm

It is an error , the good version is 128....Sorry

" please say if thats right or wrong" ....Right
geraldro

Postby Champ3346 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 pm

ok , thank you.
what is a "nested" file?
Champ3346

Postby Barns » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi Champ3346

Barns from Scotland here. Welcome to our community of crazy fishers.

A nested folder occurs if you have dropped a file into another folder. This causes game to crash. If you are using vista it is easy to pick up. There is a small arrow at side of folder denoting something extra in folder.

First job you need to do before playing any downloadable games, is to go to clubhouse and download all sounds, fish
and food. Then update your game to version 128.

After doing this and all files and folders are in correct places you can start downloading the games.

After upgrading to v128 and you think all is right, but you still have problems playing the game. Start , then let the programme run and it will do a verification. From this it will tell you what files are missing.

Any further problems, you can e-mail me at Brianwdonald@aol.com. or someone will help you. We also have a chat room so if you download that at clubhouse. Richard and myself are on chat everynight.

Good luck and good fishing

Barns ( Brian )
Barns

Return to Tech Support