Graphic issues with update

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Graphic issues with update

Postby ricktalon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:08 am

I just tried to update my VRSF to the latest build and it does not work properly. It works fine till i start fishing then the graphics are not displayed properly. The character is not visiable and tiles of land are drawn in the air and casting wont work. i updated my directx, and nvidea 8500 video drivers to the newest and it did not solve the problem. I am running windows xp with auto update. The demo, and the full retail unupdated game work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
ricktalon

Re: Graphic issues with update

Postby paul » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Usually a video card driver update will solve that sort of problem, but since you've already done that it gets a bit trickier. In the game folder there's a file called log.txt and another called errors.txt. Can you email those to me at paul@pishtech.com? That may give me a clue as to what's going on. Also does it make a difference if you change video settings in the game? In particular I'd be interested to know if reducing the texture quality or the water effects have any effect on the problem.

One thing to try may be a third party video driver. In some cases the free Omega drivers do much better than the manufacturer's own drivers. You can get those here: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ That site does try to sell you some tools, but the drivers themselves are free and that's all you would need to get from there.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: Graphic issues with update

Postby ricktalon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:29 pm

Thanks for your very quick response! I'm still trying to get the update to work, i tried a few things you mentioned with no results. I'm gonna e-mail you the files you requested for you to look at. This is a GREAT no fluff sim! even before the new version. Im looking forward to future versions, and maybe a multiplayer option so we can have member tournys. Thanks again for your quick tech support.
ricktalon

Return to VR Sportfishing