Upcoming outings

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Upcoming outings

Postby paul » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:56 pm

Greetings! I just want to let you all know that in the next couple of weeks I'll be putting together some new outings including Sean's photos from the Highlands in Scotland, and the Upper Sacramento River in California. Look in the next issue of Fly Fisherman Magazine for a feature article on the Upper Sac. I talked to John Randolph (the editor) a few weeks ago and it just happens that he visited the same stretch of river for the article that I recently shot for the RWFF outing. The new issue will be out around the start of July.

This summer I've got a long list of waters and areas I plan to shoot. Which river will work out will depend on the conditions when I get there, but I really hope to get a few rivers in and around Glacier National Park, the Snake River in Hells Canyon on the Oregon/Idaho border, some high mountain creeks I used to fish in Eastern Oregon, including one with a thriving population of bull trout. I'll shoot at least one salmon/steelhead river on the Oregon coast, others in Oregon including the Deschutes, probably the Flathead in Montana, the Clearwater in Idaho, etc. That should give us a steady supply of scenic new outings for some time, probably enough to put together a fourth edition some time next year with all new locations.

In the mean time I'm planning out that outing development kit that will allow people to create their own outings for RWFF. =)

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby shanksi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:13 pm

Paul,
That's great look forward to trying Sean's one in the Highlands. Keep up the good work.

shanksi
shanksi

Postby Cutch » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:56 pm

Cutch

Postby oppimax » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:45 am

:D
Paul,
great job!
Thank you a lot!!!
Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby theduke » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Paul, get to work on my pics yet for that new species addition?
theduke

Oregon Outings

Postby dcarp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:45 pm

Hey Paul,

Just a newbie here and only had the game a few days, but having a lot of fun with it. Pretty excited about your summer plans here in the great state of Oregon - home of the College World Series Champs two years running! - Go Beavs

If you make it over to the west side of the Cascades and are in the Salem area, stop by and see Rich Youngers at Creekside Fly Fishing - the local fly fishing authority and all around great guy. He's a master tyer and guides a lot of the area rivers - coast and inland. Lots of knowledge of the waters and the fish - Steelhead, Salmon, Cutthroats, Rainbows etc.

Took one of his spey fly classes this winter and went out the next day and landed a nice 23 in. steely hen about 200 ft. from my house using his orange DC Cutthroat spey fly i learned to tie the previous day. My first steelhead on a fly rod - wow, what a blast!

Can't wait to fish the highlands of Scotland - that's where it all started... right? :wink:
dcarp

Postby paul » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:12 pm

Hey, folks! Thanks for the notes!

Welcome to the forum and the game, Dcarp! I'm not sure where in Oregon I'll be shooting yet, but I'll certainly get at least one coastal river and some mountain streams.

And Duke, I'll start on the pictures from your latest photo shoot next! I'm going to need to collect some musky close-ups for caught fish. Yes, folks, that means we'll get fly fishing for muskies in the game! The Duke has done outing photography on a stream with some good musky fishing.

I've also decided to go ahead with the content creation kit. I'll make instructional videos to demonstrate each step in the site development. It's going to take a little time, but it looks like there are plenty of people ready to start making their own outings.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to Real World Fly Fishing