updates

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: updates

Postby gd145 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:54 am

why does it seem that VRS is being neglected And RWFF seems to be gets all the attention hard for us users to promote VRS
gd145

Postby gd145 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:56 am

not real happy VRS seems to be on the back burner
gd145

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:13 am

actually, he swaps between them, he started off putting loads of updates on rwff (his first game i think) but then he swapped to this game putting updates out almost every other month. he is working on ice fishing right now but he is working on vrsf in the background.
reelfish074

Postby paul » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:41 pm

VRS gets the next update. The last few months I've mostly worked on the ice fishing update, completing the French edition of RWFF, and now a major overhaul of the Pishtech web site. I want to have the site cleaned up before pushing this next update - sales haven't been as good as I'd hoped, and I think the current web page doesn't do the games justice. If it were up to me I'd spend all my time on improvements to the game, but to keep the business alive I have to shift gears to marketing periodically. I plan to finish the web work this week and next week begin work on adding rivers to VRS. This update will also support wading, fly fishing, and add at least a couple more species of fish. I want to get some catfish and sturgeon in there, and quite possibly carp. There will also be a variety of smaller improvements. I've already improved the animation of the fish's mouths during the strike, and I want to get some jumping and better splashes in this one too.

Of course there will be some new bodies of water. For one I want to create something similar to the Upper Mississippi. The main channel has considerable current, some rocky wing dams and rip-rapped shoreline, which is great for walleyes, catfish, and smallmouth bass. There are also lots of little side channels and weedy backwater bays, which are great habitat for largemouth bass, crappie, bluegills and northern pike. The water is fairly murky, so there's very little sight-fishing.

It's been noted that we need a good lake for targeting trophy smallmouth bass. I plan to create a lake like you might find in Ontario, Canada, with mostly smallmouth, pike and walleyes, and possibly some lake trout. Another possibility is a smaller river for smallmouth bass and trout.

It's a lot for one update, so I'll release beta versions along the way, proably starting as soon as I have the first river working.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:27 pm

those updates sound GREAT! especially looking forward for rivers,wading, the new fish,the jumping fish, and fly fishing!

*looks over list* oops, thats the whole update :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyways, any idea on when it will be released? (no pun intended)
also, any teaser images?
reelfish074

Postby gd145 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:42 pm

paul thanks again for your quick response and and looking forward to the beta test
gd145

Postby paleodust » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Yeah! That sounds like a great list of updates. Looking forward to it! :P
paleodust

Previous

Return to VR Sportfishing