Update now out of beta - ready to download

News about Pishtech's upcoming ice fishing game

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Update now out of beta - ready to download

Postby paul » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:44 pm

You can now download the full installer from the Pishtech downloads page. This includes the second lake, trout, simulator mode, etc.

If you've already got the game you can update your existing installation by unzipping this file into the folder where the game is installed:

http://www.pishtech.com/PIFD_Update_112409.zip

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: Update now out of beta - ready to download

Postby Thefisherman123 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:19 pm

Does this work on Demo? :?: :?: :mrgreen:
Thefisherman123

Postby paul » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Yes, but it does add a time limit to the demo. It gives you 2 hours total fishing time (time spent shopping, etc., doesn't count.)

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:58 am

Are lake trout broken? I can't get one to hook on. Not even a strike. With underwater camera I can watch lakers attempt to take bait non stop, but never get the hook. Never had one on to even loose it !

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Guest wrote:Are lake trout broken? I can't get one to hook on. Not even a strike. With underwater camera I can watch lakers attempt to take bait non stop, but never get the hook. Never had one on to even loose it !

hmm..... can you hook other fish fine? and do see see them open their mouth before biting? if not, then they are not even biting.
reelfish074

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:59 am

Finally hooked a Laker. Got a 13 inch one this morning. Had 2 more strike, but let go right away. And yes they all open thier mouth and strike at bait exactly the same mechanics as every oter fish in the game, they just seem to very rarely ever actually get the bait. 1 for 3 now on Lakers in about 10 full days of fishing them.

Postby paul » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:37 am

What bait are you using? The live minnows should work fairly well.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:42 am

I've tried Live minows, shiners, magical mystery lures. I caught the 13 inch laker on magical lure, and the 2 I lost on magical ( same hole actually - only hole ever to produce a bite .. ).

I've since fished another 7 full days for lake trout with zero bites. That's total of 17ish full days fishing for lakers with 3 bites, 1 small fish landed. I watch them open mouth, strike at bait and never take it. Something definetly wrong with lakers taking bait. I can catch rainbows, walleye, pike, crappie, bluegills, perch all very easily with a variety of baits. Lakers almost impossible to catch. Is anyone else having trouble with them?

-Scott

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:09 pm

After many more derbys on salmo lake I'm convinced that big trout are bugged to not bite.

Ranbows and Lakers over 16 inches will not bite. I've caught and landed hundreds of rainbows in the past week, only 1 reaches 16 inches, 2 15, rest from 9-14 inches. The small rainbows seem to have issues hitting the bait also, but 1 in 30 or 40 strikes will land. I've still only landed the one 13 inch lake trout. I've given up even trying to fish for them after 25+ days dedicated soley to trying to get one to bite. 3 total bites( all magic bait out of same hole), only by the smallest lakers I've been able to find.

Salmo lake is fun, but extrememly fustrating after fishing Eagle lake. The walleye and pike on eagle lake are all very easy to catch and they rarely miss a strike at the bait no matter how big they are ( landed 2 x 43 inch northerns out of one hole !!! ).

All that being said, I have to give you a thumbs up for creating a very addictive and fun game to play. With some improvements to the trout on Salmo lake, the new expansion will be just as fun as eagle lake is. I've already recommended it to several of my fishing buddies to try out as ice fishing fever is starting to hit here with the snow now falling.

Keep up the good work !

Scott,
Bay of Quinte fisherman

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:57 pm

hmmm... my game seems not to be bugged at all, I catch lake trout after lake trout, some pretty big, only 1 rainbow though.
reelfish074

Postby rainman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm not sure what's going on with my game. Everthing but trout act fine. I've completely un-installed the game, removed any accociated files with it, then re-installed it after I updated my video drivers, directx files. Still having the same issues.

I've tried playing the game on every resolution setting available, all levels of detail, full screen mode, windowed mode. All act the same, no large trout will bite, and the small rainbows need to work very hard to get bait. Every other fish in the game strikes and hits bait with ease.

I'm running fully patched windows XP:

AMD 2500+
1 gig DDR2 RAM
NVidia 7600GT (256MB)
20 gig ata 100 HD

I'm not sure what else to try to get Salmo lake to work properly for me. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated !

-Scott
rainman

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:50 pm

rainman wrote:I'm not sure what's going on with my game. Everthing but trout act fine. I've completely un-installed the game, removed any accociated files with it, then re-installed it after I updated my video drivers, directx files. Still having the same issues.

I've tried playing the game on every resolution setting available, all levels of detail, full screen mode, windowed mode. All act the same, no large trout will bite, and the small rainbows need to work very hard to get bait. Every other fish in the game strikes and hits bait with ease.

I'm running fully patched windows XP:

AMD 2500+
1 gig DDR2 RAM
NVidia 7600GT (256MB)
20 gig ata 100 HD

I'm not sure what else to try to get Salmo lake to work properly for me. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated !

-Scott

what bait are you using?
reelfish074

Postby rainman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:45 am

I've tried every type of bait available including magical mystery lures ( which is the bait that produced all 3 bites and the 1 laker - same hole ). Big trout act same as every other fish... open mouth, strike at bait, but never take it.

-Scott
rainman

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:09 pm

I noticed that the money cheat does not work... all others besides that works
reelfish074

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:45 pm

great.... now i have the same problem as "guest" hundreds of trout will go after it (not all at the same time of course =P) but NONE will get the bait in their mouth... does it have something to do with it being the demo version?

EDIT: I can catch them when i am not looking at the bait though..... at least i can catch them
reelfish074

Next

Return to Ice Fishing Derby