Is This the Best Fishing Game Out There?

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Is This the Best Fishing Game Out There?

Postby StudioStu » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:51 am

Hello all, I just stumbled upon this game today. I've been waiting and waiting for THE fishing game. There have been some pretty good ones, but they all fizzle out really fast. They all seem to have a real lack of fish variety, locations, and just overall depth. So, when I saw this I got really excited. A continuously updated fishing sim? That seems like the way to go. I just wanted to hear from the community a little bit about this game before I shell out the dough. So is this really the best fishing game out there? I know I can play the demo, but it's only 2 hours and I need to know if it has lasting power. I appreciate any help, thanks!
StudioStu

Re: Is This the Best Fishing Game Out There?

Postby geraldro » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi Studiostu,

First, welcome on this forum

Since 15 years that I am on Internet, I tested all the games of fishing and the games of Paul are most realistic. For me they are not games but simulators.

You can buy them, you will not be disappointed.

If my English were better, I would say more :oops:

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby reelfish074 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:20 pm

in my opinion, it is one of the best (if not the best!) fishing games you can find, weather you want to fish with a tiny worm for bluegills, a huge spinnerbait or crankbait for muskie, or even fishing in deep water for lake trout, this is a great realistic game. with constant updates (the next one will be rivers, catfish, sturgeon, ect.) this game gets better and better. i would say to check it with the demo first, and if you like that, for sure buy it.

EDIT: i am not the best "speech writer" but it works :|
reelfish074

Postby paleodust » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:08 pm

I see it as more of a sim as well, which appeals to me. Just go in with the understanding that it is a work in progress and you won't be disappointed. In fact, the idea that it's constantly evolving and that the developer actually listens to and considers our suggestions is very appealing to me. It may currently lack some of the eye-catching graphics that some of the others offer but it does capture the essence of being out on the water, which is the main point in the first place. I'm sure the graphics will come around sooner or later so I'm not too concerned. If you can't be out fishing, this is probably the next best thing and will only get better as time goes on.
paleodust

Postby gonefishin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:19 am

I've played them all... fishing games from all types of systems (PC, Nintendo, etc.). VR SportFishing is my favorite because it's the best simulation out there. I went all out and got the VR headset and wireless controller. It's very impressive.
gonefishin

Postby Fisherman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:28 pm

Yes, it is. And for all the reasons mentioned above, plus one. The biggest difference between this game and all the others is Paul himself. This isn't a game made by a large game company, Paul pretty much does it all on his own. VRSportfishing is a game about fishing, made by a man who loves to fish for others who love to fish. Buy it.
Fisherman

Postby kgrinda » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:43 am

Fisherman wrote:Yes, it is. And for all the reasons mentioned above, plus one. The biggest difference between this game and all the others is Paul himself. This isn't a game made by a large game company, Paul pretty much does it all on his own. VRSportfishing is a game about fishing, made by a man who loves to fish for others who love to fish. Buy it.

I agree these games are the best especially the part about Paul. There is no many if any games out there where the creator of the game will give personal responses and listen to what his customers have to say. Go for you will not be sorry about the game!!! :P
kgrinda

Postby StudioStu » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:56 am

Thanks for all the help, everyone. Seems like a great community here! Well, I've been playing with the demo for a bit now, and I do believe this is the definitive fishing game. I'll have to pick this one up for sure, and just in time for the holiday sale! Say, does anyone know if you can use an Xbox 360 gamepad for this?
StudioStu

Postby kgrinda » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:48 am

StudioStu wrote:Thanks for all the help, everyone. Seems like a great community here! Well, I've been playing with the demo for a bit now, and I do believe this is the definitive fishing game. I'll have to pick this one up for sure, and just in time for the holiday sale! Say, does anyone know if you can use an Xbox 360 gamepad for this?

I don't know about the gamepad, but you can get the Stix 200 controller to use with it. It is a computer base controller that looks and works a lot like the Wii Mote but for the PC. I got mine on Amazon for under $10.00 that included shipping! Take care, Kevin
kgrinda

Return to VR Sportfishing