lake trout tips

Discussion about fishing in real life

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: lake trout tips

Postby Justin Douglas » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:41 am

I am not an expert on the subject but In spring they can be found around river mouths and rockpiles near deep water. They can be found pretty shallow around those areas in spring. I have seen them bass fishing early in the year as shallow as 5 feet on more than one occasion. I would try casting spoons, jigging spoons, minnowbaits and inline spinners. Biggest part will be figuring out where the forage species will be holding since they can be found in pretty much any depth early in the year.
Justin Douglas
Justin Douglas

Postby Justin Douglas » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:54 am

I went and looked to see what there is for fish in the lake I would go with river mouths. They will probably be around some of the same areas as grayling. They will probably take advantage of eating those.
Justin Douglas
Justin Douglas

Postby Justin Douglas » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 am

Your welcome i hope it helps
Justin Douglas
Justin Douglas

Postby codafish » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:44 am

I'd be interested in what people are using for rigs, lures, and bait.

I like Kastmaster gold lures, red devil spoons, and Powerbait, Powereggs, PowerNuggets. I put the bait on #8 baitholder hooks with 2# test leaders or 4# test leaders. I may be going too light on my leader at times since the leader breaks often. I use a surgeon's knot to attach the light leader to the main line and then attach the leader to the lure with a uniknot.

I use sliding egg sinker rigs with bait.
codafish

Return to Fishing