updates

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: updates

Postby gonefishin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 am

The ability to reel to the left or right would be great as well.
gonefishin

Postby paul » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:26 pm

I have a method in mind that should let you control the rod both laterally and vertically. It will take some experimentation and tuning to make sure it doesn't get disorienting, but I think it will do a lot for your ability to control a lure.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby reelfish074 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 am

so.... what can we expect in the next update? i am hoping for rivers, new fish, and new bait to go with it ( maybe wading or walking along the shoreline?)
reelfish074

Postby paleodust » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:04 pm

How about land animals? Those overcast guys need to be rewarded for their efforts! :lol: :lol: :lol:
paleodust

Postby paul » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:59 pm

I'm planning to include rivers and at least a couple new species in the next update, along with improved vegetation and details on the land. I expected to be working on that update by now, but my primary computer (a Dell laptop) died suddenly with a fried motherboard last week. I've got to buy or build a new system before I'll be able to do significant development work, so that's my top priority right now. Tomorrow I'm going to take the Dell apart and see if I can spot the problem. I understand some of these have been failing with a relatively minor short that can be repaired without replacing the whole motherboard. I'm not the most experienced hardware guy and haven't pulled the motherboard from a laptop before, but under the circumstances it sounds like it's worth a try. Meanwhile I'm shopping for desktop components as I'm not going to trust that laptop as my primary computer in the future.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby gonefishin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:48 pm

You'll thank yourself for getting something with more muscle to play VRSF on anyways. My laptop's been gathering dust *g*

Glad to hear about the pending update.
gonefishin

Postby reelfish074 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:49 am

when can we expect the next update?
reelfish074

Postby paul » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:13 pm

It's hard for me to estimate the date for the next update right now. I've had a few setbacks, not the least of which is the death of my primary computer. I think I'm about ready to order the parts for my new development box. I've learned my laptop is beyond repair apart from swapping the motherboard and video processor, which probably isn't worth doing since the Nvidia chips in question are bad and are killing PCs all over the place. I was really happy with that machine until it died in a split second. Anyone need some Dell parts? :cry:

My original goal was to get an update out before the end of the year, but the plan for this update has gotten bigger. With rivers, probably walking & wading, sturgeon, catfish, more trout, better land scenery, rear-facing trolling, and lateral rod control, I think January or February is more realistic. I might fit in an intermediate update in December with the landscape detail improvements and a few other things.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby paleodust » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:48 am

It sounds like a good list of improvements and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for all your effort and commitment to making this an incredible project.
paleodust

Postby Justin Douglas » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:51 pm

I was wondering is there a way trolling in a video game can be made so there are multiple rods being used. I have never seen anybody do that and i think it could make it really realistic since most trolling is done that way.
Justin Douglas
Justin Douglas

Postby geraldro » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Justin,

Image it is a good idea

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby Fisherman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:36 pm

Dell... The best thing that happened to me was that Dell could not deliver me a computer on time I had ordered many weeks before Christmas so I canceled the ordered and bought a new desktop from Newegg. Had my new PC in 5 days. Dell keeps sending me ads and stuff, but, I'm happy doing business elsewhere. There are better machines to be had.
Paul, the update sounds good, and I am looking forward to it. Trolling for walleye down a river is something I really want to do. River tournament fishing is a fav of mine in FLW videos, so I hope there will be tournament fishing on rivers. Please consider adding an option for longer tournament days. I'll fish all day! The tournaments as they are are over waaaaaaay to quickly. Check out the FLW tournaments and the Austrailian National Tournament videos at MYOutdoorTV.com for some fun insights on river tournament fishing. While FLW concentrates on Bass and Walleye, Trout would be an interesting river tourney, and Bream fishing down under is very interesting. A saltwater/freshwater species that lives over 25 years and gets up to 8 kilos, Bream tournament fishing can start in a saltwater bay and range to a freshwater river. A multitude of habitats makes it a challenging sport. The graphics they use to show this range could be applied to your game maps. Check it out.
Fisherman

Postby reelfish074 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:20 pm

bump up to the top!
reelfish074

Postby gd145 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:57 pm

when is next update VRS
gd145

Postby reelfish074 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:22 pm

you (paul) said the next update is going to be in december or january...... are you nearly done with it?
reelfish074

PreviousNext

Return to VR Sportfishing