News about Pishtech's upcoming ice fishing game

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Re: Update ready for beta testing

Postby scotterson » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:02 am

u know what be cool free mode or u can up the time for the days
scotterson

Postby paleodust » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:37 am

paleodust wrote:I just played the beta version in arcade mode and discovered 3 bugs and a question:

1. The walleyes are displaying their rear dorsal fin with dark trim around them (no transparency map).

2. The underwater camera view is stuck too high (shallow). I can't see the action. Is there a way to adjust the camera view?

3. Sometimes, when a fish would swim right up to the bait, it (the fish) would instantly flip 180* back and forth, appearing to 'strobe' and never grab the bait. This happened several times in a row (in Hole View). I think the fish was attempting to take the bait but got VERY confused. :lol:

Question: How do you land the REALLY big pike? The largest I was actually able to land was 38". Everything bigger than that would break the line every time. I have a 12" auger and a PikeMaster 12lb test line/rod combo. Am I doing something wrong or are they impossible to catch without breaking the line?

Hello?? :?:
paleodust

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:43 am

about the camera, press pg up or pg down to adjust it ( or use mouse wheel)
reelfish074

Postby paleodust » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:48 am

Neither of those work for me. I have a laptop. I wonder if that has something to do with it. The mousewheel doesn't re-open the bail for me in VR Sportfishing, either. :cry:
paleodust

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:00 am

hmm.... better email paul then
reelfish074

Postby paleodust » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:25 am

I just tried again. Those controls still don't work and never have. :cry:

I also found some more buggy behavior:

1. It froze up just as the guy stepped out onto the porch of the baitshop. He was just standing there in the wind indefinitely. I had to kill the process and restart.

2. When I was in underwater camera view and the fish would get pulled up and unhooked, the fish would turn invisible when it was actually being unhooked.

3. I was able to bait up with at least one shiner beyond what was supposedly my last one. The time ran out before I could see how many more phantom shiners it may have let me use. Perhaps just the one. The world may never know... :shock:
paleodust

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:43 am

paleodust wrote:I just tried again. Those controls still don't work and never have. :cry:
2. When I was in underwater camera view and the fish would get pulled up and unhooked, the fish would turn invisible when it was actually being unhooked.

3. I was able to bait up with at least one shiner beyond what was supposedly my last one. The time ran out before I could see how many more phantom shiners it may have let me use. Perhaps just the one. The world may never know... :shock:

those are both known bugs
reelfish074

Postby paleodust » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:18 pm

I just finished my first game in arcade mode. Check out my final score:

Also, there were a couple new bugs...

1. My character changed from Paul to the old guy as he was walking back to the baitshop at the end of fishing on the last day.

2. As a perch was being pulled from the water, the line was offset so it wasn't going into his mouth.
paleodust

Semi Sim Salmo Lake Issues

Postby icefisher » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 am

Paul,

Few issues with the play:

1. Catch fish crappies, bluegills and perch and when they have been reeled in you can't see the fish in the anglers hand or on the ice.

2. Fish break the #4 line altogether too easily. In real life I use #2 and #4 line for rainbow and brookie fishing in ponds and lakes and have only broken line on fish once or twice in 15 years so to have crappies, perch and small trout break #4 line as often as is happening in the game is not realistic and detracts from the game.

3. Similarly, catching trout, crappies and perch that do not fit through a 4" chipped hole is also not very realistic based upon my experience.

Tight lines...................
icefisher

Postby paleodust » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:18 am

The old man (which started out as Paul) walked through a big snow bank on his way back to the baitshop at Salmo Lake in Arcade Mode. :roll:
paleodust

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi recently decided to award you some fundage by buying the full game to make this game great "Not that it isnt already!"

The problem I am having at the moment is the game freezes after day 1 when the guys are walking in on the ice. they start doing zigzag patterns and then just freeze and I then restart. Any fixes for this?

Postby paul » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:32 pm

I'm finally setup to debug the game again (new PC built, software installed, etc.) and I'm going to be working on fixes to these issues starting right now. I hope to have these solved in the next few days.

Thanks for the reports, everybody!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ice Fishing Derby