Custom fly tying materials

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

HI

Postby jcroc36 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:24 am

Hi William

What i did was to create a new folder on the desk top of the computer.
then save the file in that folder. then extract the file in the same folder. then i copied the files to the right folders in RWFF folder. E.G. Flies into the Flies folder. and the Materials into the Tying Folder.

Hope this works for you.

If this is not what your problem is please could you let us know how we can help.

good luck
jcroc36

Postby Pitti » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:51 am

Here is an up to date packet incl all materials (incl. some new coloured golden pheasant feathers) and all the flies.

1) Download it

2) Unzip it

3) Open it and you will find 2 folders called "fliescom" and "matscom".

4) Open the "fliescom" folder and copy all the content (c0000...) into your "Pish Tech\Real World Fly Fishing\flies" folder. This new flies can be found in the flybox under Misc Wet flies

5) Open the "matscom" folder and copy the content into the tying folder. After open the tying part of the game you will find them.

Download: http://www.alice-dsl.net/pethein/addoncom.zip (1,5MB)

Hope this helps.

Regards Pitti
Pitti

still wont work.

Postby William Feltham » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:17 pm

:? hi jcroc36 and pitti i tried what you said but it still wont work in the fly tying i think i will leave it alone for a while for me to cool down but i will try again later thanks for all your help william :x .
William Feltham

Postby Pitti » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:30 pm

If you open your tying folder of RWFF, you can find tons of bmp and ftc files like "body_brass_bead.bmp" and "body_brass_bead.ftc", right? If you see it, you are right here.
Copy now all bmp and ftc files from the download "matscom" folder into it. Not the folder self but only the content.
Then it must be visible in the tying game. Open the tying modul and look f.e. for "Add Hook" -> "Pits Tubes". Are they there?

Pitti
Pitti

got it working

Postby William Feltham » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:27 pm

:D i got it working now with a lot of help from my mate he knows a lot more about computers than me my thanks to pitti and jcroc36 for the advice thank you william. :D
William Feltham

Previous

Return to Real World Fly Fishing