Tube Flies

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Tube Flies

Postby Pitti » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:48 pm

.... Crack of dawn at the Sheboygan River. Wow it's cold today. We freeze, but never mind. Today finally we want catch him, the monster of the river. Hmm.. the water is very cold and the steelhead is low. We will need a heavy, deep running fly. Ok, I try a brass tube pattern with heavy tackle. We'll see... After some casts I get it. The hoped strong bite. Yeah, that is it what we want..... :wink:

Hello :)

Take your thick closing and try it too. Here are some tubes, ready for using in RWFF. Also there are 2 special salmon/seatrout flies for the Russian River "Kola". A dream water which most of us will never live to see. But we have our Sheboygan River, and there we will get also dream steelheads. I'm sure.

Download: http://www.alice-dsl.net/pethein/tubes.zip

The hooks works fine, but you have to remove the thread. After adding the thread, click and hold on "shorter". This will remove the thread. Very easy! While adding other materials you will use often the adjust buttons like up, down, right and left and so on, but you know it.

Have fun and let us see some creations....

Regards Pitti
Pitti

Hey Pitti

Postby Boston Bob » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:58 pm

Peter: How are you doing? Thanks for the tubes. Have you fished for Steelies on the Polis River? I caught 2- 35" there, only a 32" on Sheboygan.
How have you done?

Boston Bob
Boston Bob

Postby Pitti » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:26 am

Hi Bob,

The Polis I havn't tried very often, because I don't like to look at a wall while fishing. ;) The Sheboygan Area is more beautyful.
But if there are the biggest, I'll try it again.

As you know I live in Berlin, and if I make an virtual outdoor-trip, I prever the nice looking places like Casacade Creek, Nez Perce. West Fork etc. :)

Regards Pitti
Pitti

Hi Pitti:

Postby Boston Bob » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:55 am

Pitti: You're right, the Sheboygan is much prettier than the Polis. On the Polis fish the site with the water fall directly in front of you. It's probably the best looking site on the river and giant Steelies are there. They will run all the way back to the waterfall. It took me 1/2 hour to land a 35". I know, some of the sites I fish just for the scenery. It's very relaxing. I wish you had some water to fish in Berlin.........

Take care buddy,
Boston Bob
Boston Bob

Postby Pitti » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:17 am

We have an river called Havel in berlin. Here can be find whitefish like roach (90%) and other like carp etc., but all they are diseased and niffy. If you go with a flyrod to that water, after 10 minutes you will have a crowd behind you which ask "hey what you doing here??? Why do you lash the water?" :shock: :shock: :D

Pitti
Pitti

Postby Cutch » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:14 am

Good job of the tubes and materials, Pitti,....thanks :!:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing