The Baitshop

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: The Baitshop

Postby Fisherman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:30 pm

Eagle Lake in late August is a great time to go Muskie fishing! Landed a 16.6 pounder on a large white jig(12 lb test, Expert level). Followed that with a 23 pounder(30 lb test-got tied of losing the big ones). They are hugging the bottom in twenty feet of water off rocky points. An underwater camera view revealed a school of at least a dozen in one area.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:52 am

Moved to another part of the lake, and, on a whim, went with a large, black, medium diver crankbait. Caught numerous small to medium muskies and a few good bass in twenty feet of water. Thought it interesting that two such diverse lures,(a large white jig and a black crankbait), should both be so effective. Fun fishing.
***'
Tried some crappie fishing, too. Caught a lot of crappie on small to medium jigs in ten to twelve feet of water. They wanted them fished about two to three feet above them, as they were hugging the bottom, but willingly moved up to take the jig. They ignored anything fished on the bottom.
All fish were caught while testing expert level.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:01 am

Decided to test a little tournament fishing on Expert level. Won a one day bass tournament on Eagle Lake, with a pair of four plus pounders leading the way. Ok, I thought, but, that's bass fishing. Try something else, like, walleye. My first day of a two day walleye tourney I lost a huge walleye. Switched to twenty lb test line and got a 3.5 pounder. Finished the day in seventh place or so. Second day was at sunset. Landed my biggest walleye ever, a 7.4 lb, 29.5 incher! Also got a 6.5 pounder. With a 19 pound plus stringer, I manged a 3rd place finish. Got the big fish award though. Night fishing in a tourney was tough going. Found a school at the last minute to round out my catch. The walleye were caught on a large white jig, the bass on a light green frog.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:01 pm

WHOA! just bought the 20 foot bassboat and goes that thing haul***! Went fishing on Thompson Res and caught a 2.5 lb Crappie! Biggest yet. Also got a 6.8 lb Smallmouth! Thompson res is a good place to fish.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:53 am

On a whim decided to do a one day bass tournament on Eagle Lake. It was a dark and stormy day, with lightning flashing and thunder crashing all around me. Ran aground right away thanks to the lack of visibility. Ok, finally got to my spot and the fish didn't really care about the weather. Small bass threw themselves onto my lures. A switch to another lure nabbed me even smaller fish. The bigger fish were pike, landed a 11.9 lber. I took to hauling my lure away from them, some over 20 lbs. Finally got a nice 4.5 lb bass. It would prove not only my biggest, but the biggest for the tourney. Stopping to fish some paddies on the way back got me two decent keepers. After a soaked and rather electrifying day, a 17.5 stringer won the tourney for me, and biggest fish. I've played the Pro Shops game, and you won't find gameplay like this on it.
Fisherman

Previous

Return to VR Sportfishing