Beautiful Flies--nice addition to Game

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Beautiful Flies--nice addition to Game

Postby Boston Bob » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:37 am

I want to thank Cutch and Pitti for the great selection of flies added to our game. So many to choose from now, it's amazing. I had no problem unzipping Cutch's flies directly to the flies folder but couldn't do this with Pitti's. I read an article from Jroc36 who said to dowload to a desktop folder, unzip into that folder and then move those flies to the flies folder. This worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip Jroc36. Pitti: I used the Durham Em on the Burns River and it didn't last 3 seconds before being swallowed by 18" and 20" all day long.

Thanks guys,

Boston Bob
Boston Bob

hi

Postby jcroc36 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:51 am

Your welcome Boston Bob. If we can help we will do our best
jcroc36

Postby Cutch » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:39 pm

Boston Bob,
In the last 10 years, I've Beta tested many hunting and fishing games for Sunstorm (no longer exists), Atari, and other companies. After the games were released to the public, when I shared tips such as "hot spots, techniques, etc with my friends.
It is no different with RWFF, what I learn, I share with my friends. Tying flies is as much fun as catching those big trout,..in my opinion. ;-)
Enjoy the flies,...I will share more later.
The new materials Pitti, (his flies are BEAUTIFUL ), has shared with us, offers more variety and will make fly tying even more fun.
Thanks for the nice comments. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Pitti » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:26 pm

Sorry about the confusion Bob. I had two folder for materials and flies in the zip. This couldn't be unzipped direct into two different folders.

Here are some news from today. They can be unzipped direct to the RWF/flies folder and should be usefull for steelhead.

Download: http://www.alice-dsl.net/pethein/addon2.zip

Tying flies is as much fun as catching those big trout

Cutch, I absolute agree. I enjoy the tying part so much. :D Especial tying classic salmon pattern like above. But for that we need some more exotic feathers. I'm looking.. :wink:

Regards from a waterless Berlin :cry:
Pitti

Sorry again for my english.
Pitti

Postby Pitti » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:52 pm

Sorry, the link was wrong.

http://www.alice-dsl.net/pethein/rwf_addon2.zip

Pitti
Pitti

Postby Boston Bob » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:23 pm

Pitti: I downloaded those flies also. Thanks again. I have as much fun choosing and using them as you and Cutch have making them. That's what fishing friends are for.

Tight lines,

Boston Bob
Boston Bob

Postby kerrye » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:31 am

Keep up the great work guys. I haven't had time to tie or fish for several days but I can do a mean download and see what's on the forum. :D
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Postby Cutch » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:23 am

Great flies, Pitti,....thanks :!: :wink:
Cutch

Postby Boston Bob » Sat May 26, 2007 11:11 pm

It's been great fishing with this huge selection of flies. The simulator started out on this version with over 160 flies to choose from. That in itself would make any fly angler smile. Thanks to Pitti and Cutch the total now is at 255.
If any of you newcomers want these additional flies just ask and we'll point you in the right direction.

Boston Bob
Boston Bob

Return to Real World Fly Fishing