So I guess we're good?

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

So I guess we're good?

Postby Fisherman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:49 am

As Paul works on the new update, I've noticed the reports from testers have stopped. Just wanted to make sure we're good to go for the next stage. Any new Problems? Concerns?
Fisherman

Re: So I guess we're good?

Postby geraldro » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi Paul,

In next update it is possible to have new fish like : roach, gudgeon, bleak, zander ....?

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby paul » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:03 pm

It wouldn't be hard to add a few more species, but it's far easier to add other north-American species, only because the Fishlogix engine under the hood only includes those species. To add others I'd need to collect quite a bit of information. For instance, for each north-American species Fishlogix knows:

How actively they feed at every range of temperatures
How they react to different light levels and time periods
How well they respond to each type of lure, size, color, retrieve speed, etc.
Which types of structure attract them at each time of year
Which types of cover attract them at each time of year
In which season and at what water temperature they spawn, and where they do it
How they feed and where they concentrate during pre-spawn, spawning and post-spawn periods

If I can find a source for all that information that's both accurate and public, then I could add those fish to both Fishlogix and VR Sportfishing. That gets me wondering how much demand there might be for a European edition of Fishlogix.

On the other hand it would be easy enough to make them behave like certain north-American species, though. I could add zander that act like walleyes, for example.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby gonefishin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Actually there are some major glitches I've consistently encountered in the latest July update. Mostly graphical involving the physics engine. I will post actual video capture for Paul shortly. It's been a busy few weeks recently for me with lots on my plate to tackle. I will be doing some extensive gameplay with the new VR920 and Stix 400 real soon.
gonefishin

Postby paleodust » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:43 pm

I've seen fish (as well as lures) disappear through the mud (or whatever) on the bottom. In fact, on one occasion, the lure went underground and the fish followed it under and never reappeared.
paleodust

Postby paul » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:36 am

Paleodust,

Welcome to the forum. Can you describe the situation in more detail? If I can recreate the problem there's a good chance I can fix it. Was it a particularly steep slope on the bottom? That's one bug I haven't seen, but if there's any way to pin it down I'm determined to eliminate it.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby paleodust » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:45 pm

paul wrote:Paleodust,

Welcome to the forum. Can you describe the situation in more detail? If I can recreate the problem there's a good chance I can fix it. Was it a particularly steep slope on the bottom? That's one bug I haven't seen, but if there's any way to pin it down I'm determined to eliminate it.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I thought it was humorous but didn't think a whole lot of it at the time, knowing the game was still a work in progress.

If I remember right, it was on the default lake. I think it was a large bluegill that was chasing some kind of live bait; I'm thinking it was a grub (or perhaps a small minnow) that I was retrieving sporadically.

The bottom was fairly flat and muddy. During the whole outing, my bait (regardless of type) was slipping slightly below the plane that represents the bottom of the lake. I wasn't sure if it was attempting to represent the bait sinking in soft mud or silt or whether it was just a bug. I'm guessing it was a bug.

Hope that helps!
paleodust

Postby paleodust » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:03 pm

I was able to replicate the problem again today on Eagle Lake. It happened whenever I had live bait (shiner, in this case) on a bobber that was set too deep for the water I was fishing. Instead of resting the bait on the bottom, it actually sinks beneath the plane that represents the lake bottom (even through a rocky bottom) as I retrieve it up a shallow slope.

Though it didn't happen this time around, I have seen fish actually chase bait underground! :lol:
paleodust

Postby Fisherman » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:49 am

There are three things that have always kinda bugged me a bit. First, the menu overlaps at the start of a fishing trip at times, with the start and boat choice overlapping. Second the rod always dips or lifts up when one casts, and begins to reel in. It should remain in a stable position. Thirdly, when one is fishing near the boat in first person mode, it is very awkward to see the fish as it fights or the rod tip to see what is happening to one's lure. There should be a stable view in-close.
Fisherman

Postby paleodust » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:05 pm

I find the downloads page a bit confusing when it comes to VR Sportfishing. The demo has Build 90731 but there is an update that is labeled as Build 90727. My guess is that you just forgot to update that page.
paleodust

Postby paleodust » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:26 am

I encountered a strange bug today. I hooked into something apparently very large. I hooked it close to the dock and it kept running "out to sea." When it got the line bar to the top, the bait suddenly appeared levitating in front of my face and the rod disappeared. Note the tension on the line in the screenshot. The fish was still on at this point, but eventually broke the line. :cry: :cry:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3839/h ... aitbug.jpg
paleodust

Return to VR Sportfishing