HELP! VRSF crashing - new system

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

HELP! VRSF crashing - new system

Postby gonefishin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:12 pm

I just built my new system w/ Vista 64-bit, 4 GB. DDR3 RAM, AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz. CPU, and all current OS updates (SP2, etc.). Everything is blazing fast and stable EXCEPT for VRSF. I installed the demo and my first attempt to run it gave me an error about d3dx9_36.dll missing. (Same error I had on my laptop running Vista 32-bit). I downloaded and put it in the game folder, and that's fixed. Now, the game shows the loading screen, waits a few seconds, and then crashes. No matter what I try (compatibility options, different resolutions, Aero 3D or basic interface, etc.), the game crashes. I have the latest DirectX 10.1 drivers and all my hardware drivers are current. Other 3D stuff works great. Please help - I just spent $1200 mostly to get a realistic fishing sim going. :(
gonefishin

Re: HELP! VRSF crashing - new system

Postby paul » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:14 pm

We'll get this figured out. In the game folder should be two files: errors.txt and debugfile.txt. Please e-mail those to me at paul@pishtech.com and I'll see what's going on.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: HELP! VRSF crashing - new system

Postby gonefishin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:44 pm

I hooked up one of my spare 120 GB. SATA drives and installed a fresh copy of WIn XP SP3 onto it. I installed the mobo, sound, and video drivers that came with the Asus mobo and Radeon 4870 video card. VRFS works fine in that environment, but still crashes in Vista 64-bit. There is no errors.txt file. I'll send the other pertinent files via e-mail. Thanks.
gonefishin

Return to VR Sportfishing