Some Custom Seatrout Flies

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Some Custom Seatrout Flies

Postby Pitti » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:00 pm

Hello :)

Here are some flies which are used special at the famous swedish Seatrout River "Em" ( http://www.gustiftelse.se/emabok-eng.html ).

Perhaps somebody want try it for seatrout..

http://members.aol.com/Pethein/emflies.zip

@Paul: I don't know why, but the pattern "Em Durham" is allways saved as Dry Attractor. Off course I saved it as Attractor Wet. There must be a bug, but I can't find it. No problems with the others.
Is there a way to edit the def file? I can't find the parameter for the categorie.

Thank you
Reagrds Pitti
Pitti

Postby paul » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Pitti,

Oustanding work! Those flies are beautiful.

You can set the "sink rate" in the fly.def file for the Em Durham to 1 or 2 and it will show up as a wet fly. That's the approximate speed the fly will sink in inches per second. The game thinks that you've added enough bouyant materials to keep the fly from sinking, and that's why it shows up as a dry fly. It's knows how things like hackles and hair and bouyancy, but it's not quite smart enough to realize that by reducing the size of the materials as you add them you're not actually adding that much floatation.

Now we just need the River Em in the game!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Pitti » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:22 pm

Hmm, this doesn't work for me. I have set the sink rate to 1 or 2 and have also try TYPE = MISC_SWIMMER, but it's show as Misc Dry again. :(

Regards Pitti
Pitti

Postby paul » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:55 pm

Pitti,

I just installed your flies. The Durham showed up as an attractor dry until I made those changes. Now it shows up in the Misc. wet flies. Are you sure there aren't any typos in the def file? Those are the only two lines I changed in the file:

SINK RATE = 2
TYPE = MISC_SWIMMER

They certainly look nice in the fly box! I've just added Cutches assortment, too. I wish my real life fly boxes had all these patterns.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Pitti » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:06 pm

Yes, it works now. Don't know what i have done before. :oops:

Thank you

Btw: caught a nice seatrout with 22 inch at Sheboygan River using the Em Spring :D some minutes ago

Regards Pitti
Pitti

Postby Cutch » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:02 am

Nice looking flies Pitti,...I just added them to my game. :wink:
That's a good thing to know about the floating and sinking settings in the fly.def file,...thanks Paul. :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing