bow fishing?

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

bow fishing?

Postby big jake » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:24 pm

any plans on adding bow and arrow fishing?
big jake

Re: bow fishing?

Postby reelfish074 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:31 pm

I dont think he is going to add it. but i hope he is, i am just starting in real life =)
reelfish074

Postby paul » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:05 pm

Interest idea. I've done just a little of it in my youth myself. I think that would almost be a separate game, though. Or maybe an option in VRS isn't too out of place. It sounds like fun. I'll give it some thought.

Tight lines (and straight arrows),

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby big jake » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:18 am

you could make it an expansion for VR sport fishing and make them to be standalone and/or be part of the main game like company of heroes opposing fronts so you don't have to leave one game to play another and you could release it with fly fishing in it so theres more then just bow fishing in it so you don't feel like you only got a bow add on for a price? or even just bow and spear for it they both would work with wading and you could add carp with it so that the fish would be right against the shore

the fish your aloud to shot here in cali are carp, goldfish, western sucker, sacramento blackfish, hardhead, sacramento pike minnow, and lampray from dfg regs i just like to stay close to reality but it is a game so i would shot any fish i could :twisted:
big jake

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:46 am

in MN we can shoot any rough fish (suckers, carp, some more carp, and dogfish (bowfin)...... now THAT would be a awesome fish to add.... bowfin! go to bowfinanglers.com for a awesome site about fishing for this awesome fish
reelfish074

Postby big jake » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:50 am

cool site a bowfin looks like a cross between a trout and a snakehead at least the one on the front page. sounds like a good fish to add and a good fighting fish for its size.
big jake

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:10 pm

I have been hunting for a bowfin for a few years but I only get bites from them when im fishing for something else. I got bit off at least 3 times from what i thought might have been a bowfin
reelfish074

Postby paul » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:29 pm

I usually catch one or two bowfin a year while fishing for bass, pike, etc. I had one hooked on a spinnerbait a couple of weeks ago but it threw the hook. That happens a lot since their mouths are so bony. I've had one hooked for a couple seconds, lost it, and had it hit and hooked again on the next cast, lost it again, and hooked and landed it on the third cast. They're the only fish I know that hit a lure well enough to feel metal but still come back to hit it again right away. I suspect their mouths are so hard that the hook doesn't bother them. That or they're just so aggressive that their instinct to strike outweighs everything else.

A similar rough fish to add would be gar. Around here we have shortnose and longnose. The shortnose feed mostly on small minnows. The longnose will take a bigger fish. I've caught a few longnose on crankbaits in the daytime, but more often I'll catch them at night while fishing for flathead catfish. Most longnose I've caught have been around 40 inches long, but last year I caught a 50 incher. That was a freaky fish. I was out after flatheads a few nights ago and didn't catch any cats or gar, but I boated a 25 pound snapping turtle. That's one thing I love about fishing, especially on a complicated body of water like the upper Mississippi: it's full of surprises.

When I get rivers into the game I'll have to include something representative of the upper Mississippi with those species in there.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Mydnyte » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:55 am

A bowfishing game would be pretty cool. The people that did the Hunter Dan stuff had a bowfishing game out at one time, but it wasn't very realistic I didn't think.
Mydnyte

Postby reelfish074 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:52 pm

so... any news on this, or are you probably not going to add it?
reelfish074

Postby paul » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:18 pm

I'm not really planning on that any time soon, but it would probably make a fun game by itself. I wouldn't mind being able to snorkel in the lakes in the game and do a little spearfishing, too. I've got a rubber powered speargun collecting dust in the basement. Long ago I used to do a little spearfishing and bowfishing.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby paleodust » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:30 am

paleodust

Return to VR Sportfishing