Next update ready for beta testing

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Next update ready for beta testing

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:44 pm

I have noticed a few bugs.

1. I was fighting a perch and as it moved loads more cloned all of the same size
2.I casted a bobber with a shiner on the end and it just sat there in mid air. I was still able to do everything even recast but the bobber just sat there in mid air
3.i will update this last later :|
reelfish074

Postby big jake » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:54 pm

if you opening the bail instead before casting and let the lure sink when you reel back in there is no animation with the hand and reel so you have to look at the line out bar to see if you are reeling in.

and sometimes when you go to cast the lure it will stay at the end of the pole for a few sec and then almost drop straight in the water.

last thing is that the game is running slow seems like at least with it cloudy i had to change to low water effect and Res 640*480 i'm running in widowed so not a big deal dunno if its just me or not?
my comp is a gateway GT5628
2.4 Ghz Quad core
Geforce 8500GT
3gig ram
no sound card
big jake

Postby paul » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:27 pm

I might have to make the cloud effects optional. It does add a bit to the graphics load, but I'd hoped that some other improvements would offset it enough that the speed wouldn't decrease.

I'm making some changes to the lure logic. In real life bait has the advantage of being perfectly effective sitting still, and it's easy to leave a bait motionless. Lures have different "perfect" speeds depending on conditions. I've adjusted their sensitivity to speed and I think it's more realistic now. Also a moving lure in real life has an advantage over bait in that motion catches the eye and also creates vibrations fish can sense. The more motion, the great the distance at which fish can notice the lure. This was not factored into the fish AI before, but it will be now. The two changes seem to restore the balance between lures and bait.

I'm also going to have the "o" key open the reel, since mouse wheels seem to have varying behavior and laptops don't have them.

I haven't seen the fish duplication bug lately, but I'll try to recreate it and pin it down. If you see this problem, please let me know the settings you used, including what lake, what date, time and weather, and where on the lake you find them. If I can setup the same fishing trip there's a better chance I'll find the problem and be able to fix it.

I've also got a fix for the flashing lilly pads you may see in certain situations.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Fisherman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Paul, I decided radical surgery was required and uninstalled the game, redownloaded the game and the updates and, after one false start, reinstalled with a fresh slate. My first cast with a frog off the dock at Eagle Lake was met with a nice bass. Restarting at one of the western lakes got me a 3.3 pounder on a white jig.
I have no idea why this would be, but I believe that I'm on track again. I'll keep you posted, going to try Thompson res again as soon as I get enough to buy the johnboat. By the by, thanks for making it possible to reinstall so easily, I've had to do so twice the last few months when evil things attacked my computer.
I have noticed the fish sometimes have a lot of difficulty "grabbing" the lure. This happens with bait as well. Up to three fish will spin madly around the bait(Or lure) making it appear the many fish surround it. Then they give up entirely, swim away and ignore the bait.
I like the idea of baitfish schools, although it would probably hog memory. I've been fishing for pike out here in AZ., and the minnows really try to get out of the way of the lures, and of course, the pike, leaping out of the water even. Swirls and rings are casting targets, signaling hunting pike, and my brother and I have had a lot of fun catching two to three pound pike, on a variety of spinnerbaits and crankbaits. I've lost two that would go over ten pounds.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:30 am

Here's a fun technique to try:The Flying Frog! Simply cast a frog lure out a good distance. Then, while holding down the left mouse button, hold down and then suddenly release the right mouse button. This should *pop* the frog, and if properly done, the frog lure will fly over your head. It is effective and I have caught numerous bass this way.
While I have caught some fish with lures now, bait still dominates, with the fish that used to swim ten feet to grab a frog or spinnerbait now only doing so for live bait. I look forward to that readjustment you mention, Paul. As for Frog Flying, it is fun, but might be something you might want to look into as well, and perhaps eliminate. Although it is very close to that "real" fishing I mentioned. heh.
Fisherman

Postby eddymac » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:30 pm

I have a simple question... I purchased the full version of VR Sportfishing recently and am having a blast with it. I have a couple questions.

I see you have a beta version of some updates. I am afraid of downloading it again because I tried it last week and followed all the instructions, and when I went to start the game it would not start. I had to reinstall the game again to get it working.

How do I tell what version I have? The startup screen says March 31 2009. Is this the latest version? When will the next update be ready to be released? I really want to have the latest version, but do not want to download it until it is ready. I assume there will be an announcement?
eddymac

Postby geraldro » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:34 am

Hi eddymac,

the latest version is march 2009, for the beta version (14 july 2009 ) you must create a new short cut on the desktop and then the play works well.

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Previous

Return to VR Sportfishing