Fly Tying tip....

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Fly Tying tip....

Postby Cutch » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Stumbled on to this by accident folks, just got to thinking about it, tried it,......and it really works.
Here's what I did:
Enter each Fishing spot and using the "Check Hatch" feature, find what flies are common in each stream or pond. Find a couple that are common in all of fishing spots. Example: say a Mayfly Brown Adult and a White Midge were in all of the 16 fishing places.
While each fly is shown on the screen after you "Check Hatch, press the PRINT SCREEN on your keyboard. Now exit the game and open PAINT. (I use Paint Shop Pro 7, not sure but I think most graphic programs will work?).
With your Paint or graphics program opened, click on EDIT and select Paste. Now you should see the picture you took with the Print Screen key. Crop the picture of the fly you want to tie, now name the fly, and save it as a jpg.
Now print the jpg, put it by your computer, open RWFF and tie the fly.
I tied about a dozen flies common in most of the 16 fishing spots and can use these flies as needed,...works great! Try it and let me know how it works for you.
Cutch

fly tying tip

Postby kerrye » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:39 am

Cool beans Cutch. But I have to comment. Business must be slow at Cutch's Camp for you to have time to figure all that out. I spent the day finishing a pair of rods, delivered one and worked on sorting out a pile of oak, walnut, alder, cherry, maple, hickory and exotic wood for reel seat inserts and handles and setting up a rack to store it where I can find what I'm looking for. Now, as soon as I check the posts on two more flyfishing/rodbuilding forums, I'm gonna open up RWFF and get some relaxitation. :lol:
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Postby shanksi » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:16 pm

Have to give it a try Cutch.
Be interested to see some of your rods Kerry do you have a website?

shanksi
shanksi

Hi

Postby jcroc36 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi Cutch

Could you pease advise me o how to get a picture into my signature box.
:cry:
i will be very greatful :D
thanks
jcroc36

Postby Cutch » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:46 pm

Before you can add a picture to your signature jcroc36, the picture (jpg or gif) has to be posted on a website. After it's posted, you'll need the link for it. Example: http://www.jcroc36fishingjpg. (Let's say this in the link of your picture)
Now click Profile above, and after Profile is open, scroll down to signature. You'll need to type in: Image in the opening to the right of signature.
Now click Submit at the bottom. Now your picture should show everytime you make a post or reply. :wink:
Cutch

thanks

Postby jcroc36 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:04 am

Hi Cutch
Thanks for your help. just have to get a goog signature going now
Thanks again
jcroc36

Return to Real World Fly Fishing