recommended system specs?

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

recommended system specs?

Postby gonefishin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:57 am

I'm looking to buy a new PC primarily because my laptop doesn't run VR SportFishing all that well. It has an Intel integrated 945 Express video chipset. Even at the lowest graphics settings, VRS doesn't play well. I want to get the Vuzix VR glasses as well. What are the ideal specs for running this game at the highest settings smoothly? I want the most realistic experience possible.

CPU, video card, memory, OS / DirectX version

Thanks!
gonefishin

Re: recommended system specs?

Postby paul » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:59 pm

For CPU I'd look for something at 2.0 GHz or higher. Dual core is nice in general but it won't generally help game performance a lot. For RAM I'd go with at least 2 GB for XP, 3 for Vista. The last time I checked you could still order the Dell Vostro line with XP, and XP will run almost everything better than Vista. I hear Windows 7 will run much faster than Vista though, so if you end up buying one with Vista you might consider upgrading to 7 when it comes out.

For a video card, I'd go with an nVidia card with at least 512 MB of memory. My laptop has a GeForce 8600M GT and it does pretty well with the Vuzix display, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to go with a higher end card. $100 will buy a really powerful card these days, and for around $150 there are models with 1 GB of memory and great specs. I'm not up on the latest models, but I think any new dedicated nVidia card will do well. For 3D games the video card makes a huge difference, and the better the card, the better the graphics will look and the smoother the game will be. If I were buying a new system with VR Sportfishing and Vuzix iWear in mind right now, I'd splurge on the video card.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby gonefishin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:47 pm

It's a shame my laptop has everything needed to run this game except a decent 3D video adapter. It's not upgradable so I have to by a whole new system. My next desktop will be equipped to run even the most demanding 3D games - but this is the one I'm interested in.

Thanks.
gonefishin

Postby gonefishin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:19 am

I just purchased all the parts to build a quad-core 3.2 GHz. AMD Phenom II system with 4 GB. DDR3-1600 memory and 2 GB. Radeon HD 4870 video card. All high quality stuff. I wanna see this game FLYYYYYYYY ;-) (I'm looking into getting the Vuzix VR headset too)
gonefishin

Return to VR Sportfishing