Next update ready for beta testing

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Next update ready for beta testing

Postby paul » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 pm

You can download the new update with this link:
http://www.pishtech.com/pvrs_update_071309.zip

Save the zip file, open it, select "extract all" from the file menu, and select the location where the game is installed, which is usually c:\games\pishtech\vrsportfishing.

Please let me know if you have any trouble with the update.

Here's what's new:

The passage of time: No more endless days. You can pick the time as well as the date to start each fishing trip, and whether you want time to pass normally (real time) or twelve times faster (accelerated time) which is always the case for tournaments. At night the birds will stop singing, and you'll hear owls and frogs.

Dynamic lighting: The light level and visibility depends on the position of the sun, cloud cover, moonlight, starlight. You'll see sunrises and sunsets, and the moon with correct rises, sets and phases.

Dynamic weather: Clouds may roll in, it may start to rain, and you may even experience a thunderstorm. You can choose constant or changing weather when you start a fishing trip.

Dynamic fishing conditions: Fish respond to changes in the weather and the light, so walleyes may go on a feeding frenzy at dusk, but the bluegills will shut down at night.

Thompson Reservoir: This new location features a dam, a feeder creek (too shallow for boating), an old river channel, a flooded road bed, and lots of stumps. It's got a nice population of largemouth bass, smallmouth pass, walleyes and panfish. You'll also see improved landscape textures, plus houses around the lake and a city in the distance.

Live bait rigs: Choose a sinker or a bobber. If you select a bobber an appropriate size will be picked automatically based on the bait you're using, and you'll select the fishing depth. The bobbers are all slip bobbers, so you can fish with them at any depth.

A screen-shot capture system: Press the SysReq key to save a screenshot while you're fishing or boating.

Automatic re-rigging: If you lose your bait or lure and have more like it, you'll automatically be rigged up again and you'll see a message telling you how many you have left.

Performance improvement: Some of the processing for the high-level water effects is now faster.

Ability to open the reel: During a retrieve or before casting you can turn your mouse wheel to open your reel and allow your bait to sink.

Support for nocturnal sounds, and any additional objects in custom lakes. See the master lake definition file for object settings. Also for lake creators, a function to write your coodinates to a file while driving. Press the letter "o" key to add your current location to a file. This is very helpful for building a list of locations for houses and other objects.

Here are a few more screenshots:

Heading towards the feeder creek, with the city in the distance:

The mouth of the feeder creek:

A hazy day near the dam:

A view up the creek towards the city:
paul
Site Admin

Re: Next update ready for beta testing

Postby reelfish074 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 pm

a few problems with the update,
the new lake is there but the build date says may
you can't use bobbers
you cant change the time
only the lake seems to work.

Wait... i got it working.. i had the "skip" box checked >.< it all works now
Last edited by reelfish074 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reelfish074

Postby paul » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:42 pm

In that case you're still running the old version of the executable (pvrs.exe). You may have a stray copy of that file, and possibly a shortcut to the other copy. The zip file definitely contains the updated executable. Take a look in your game folder. If you've unzipped it correctly you should see the pvrs.exe file with today's date. Double-clicking that one should start it and you should be running the new version.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby 71__cuda » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:17 am

The only problem I can see is that the clerk in the bait shop has no texture, just jet black. But no big problems
71__cuda

Postby paul » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:32 am

Ah. That problem I can confirm. Looks like that model didn't get the right material to be lit correctly. Easy fix. Thanks!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby reelfish074 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:40 pm

The new lake has monster-sized walleyes! my record is still 4.6 pounds but i have seen some 'eyes way bigger in that lake!
reelfish074

Postby paul » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:38 pm

There should be some decent ones in there, yes. I started a trip at 5:30 AM, accelerated time, partly cloudy, this time of year, and motored to the creek mouth. I found a nice school of walleyes in the shallows at the mouth at 6 AM and caught a bunch on minnows with a slip bobber. Most were fairly small but then I hooked a really nice one. I had it just about to the boat before it broke off. I think it was over 5 pounds, but I'll never know for sure.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

view

Postby big jake » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:11 pm

hey paul i love the bobbers but in first person if your not using a bobber your view randomly changes when you cast until the lure hits the water and the spool will reopen 1 or 2 times until it stops working even with recasting i dunno if anyone else is having the same prob or not but otherwise the game is getting alot better with every better with every update and i thought the game was great before :shock: thanks
big jake

Postby mitchlin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:18 pm

I have the same problem in the 1st person view fishing on the dock Seems like I'm looking towards the bait shop at random times....for no reason.
mitchlin

Postby paul » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:51 pm

I'll have a look. I have a good idea where the problem might be. Thanks for the report.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby mitchlin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Hey Paul,

It does seem to work fine when fishing with a bobber...I believe you nailed the bobber fishing...What a fun time!!!! Only time the problem seems to occur is when using artificial lures, or when fishing with live bait and no bobber.
mitchlin

Postby paul » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:47 pm

I've just re-uploaded the update. You can use the same link to download it again. This fixes 3 things: Bait shop clerks lighting, direction of viewing in first person when not using a bobber, and doesn't show the bobber while you're selecting a lure.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby big jake » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:11 am

thanks that got the view fixed but the reopen bail seems to not work most of the time tried rolling the mouse wheel both ways and it wont do anything and unhooked the joystick sorry if you caught this in my last post i had everything mashed together so i didn't know thanks again
big jake

Postby paul » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:06 am

Sorry - missed the mouse part. With my mouse the wheel sensitivity seems to vary. Sometimes a slight budge is enough to open the reel, but other times I have to turn it a farther for the software to detect the movement. Does it not even work if you give it a considerable turn?

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby 71__cuda » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:46 am

where do the screenshots save to.
71__cuda

Next

Return to VR Sportfishing