oceans?

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

oceans?

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:10 am

I know you wouldn't be able to use fishlogics(?) for this and you would have to make a lot of new fish, but maybe you can make the bays of oceans(or limited areas of oceans) or maybe make a new game for this but it would be a great addition to the game.there are almost no saltwater fishing games on the market but they are all high rated.
reelfish074

Re: oceans?

Postby paul » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 am

Now there's a challenge. We've had requests for a saltwater version of Fishlogix, but the two biggest reasons my partners at Outdoor Intellect and I haven't tackled that yet are: First, in the ocean fish can migrate over long distances, and major geographic features make specific locations much more significant (compared to fresh water where the fish are usually trapped in a particular lake), and second, our own expertise is almost entirely on freshwater fishing. On the other hand, as you pointed out there haven't been a lot of saltwater games created lately, so there would probably be a strong market for them. VRS would make a nice base to start from for saltwater, so it's not out of the question. I'd need to educate myself quite a bit on ocean fishing. I suppose that would be a good reason to take a few trips for real saltwater fishing. I've only done that once and loved it - I need to do more of that someday...

I'll give that some serious thought. I would need some help from those of you who know saltwater fishing, plus a lot of reading to get to understand the seasonal movements of all those species, but I agree that it would be a lot of fun.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Fisherman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:31 am

Paul, some of the best fishing I ever did was light tackle fishing off Santa Cruz, Ca. We went fishing in 16 foot skiffs off the pier, in about 60 to ninety feet of water. It was shallow enough to return fish, and having four 1 to 2 pound fish on your line at a time was a kick!
Ocean fishing could start like that, fishing an area and specific locations in a given area rather than the "whole" of the sea. Reefs and wrecks, spikes and canyons were hot spots for jigging and trolling for rockfish of many kinds, halibut, salmon and lingcod.
Sometimes it was simple as find the gulls feeding, toss in a line, catch a small fish, re-rig and toss in the smaller fish to catch a bigger fish, especially lingcod. A variety of jigs and spoons could turn up some good light tackle action in active feeding times as well.
Then there were the times like having to move off a hotspot 'cause sharks bigger than the boat were taking your fish, leaving you just the head.
Fisherman

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Just a thought, maybe instead of starting from a dock maybe you can start from a crowded pier.

For a specific amout of money you can go on a charter boat for huge fish like marlin,swordfish,sharks,tuna, ect.

And,of course, if you catch a small fish you can use it for bait.
Last edited by reelfish074 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reelfish074

Postby Mydnyte » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:37 pm

reelfish074 wrote:Just a thought, maybe instead of starting from a dock maybe you can start from a crowded pier.

For a specific amout of money you can go on a charter boat for huge fish like marlin,swordfish,sharks,tuna, ect.

And,of cource, if you catch a small fish you can use it for bait.

Those are some good ideas. I'd love to see a new deep-sea fishing game. I've got the two older games from Interplay, but they're really starting to show age compared to newer games.
Mydnyte

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:55 pm

c'mon guys keep the conversation going!
reelfish074

Return to VR Sportfishing