New Outing Sw River Avon Grangemouth Falkirk Scotland

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

New Outing Sw River Avon Grangemouth Falkirk Scotland

Postby Scottish Warrior » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:02 am

Dear Fisherfolk, After a lot of hours of painstaking line drawing with my eyesight getting worse,I have decided to stop my outing building and concentrate on the fishing aspect of the game before I have to stop altogether.
I have created over one hundred outings which although not brilliant were done with my limited skill and tools and I hope brought you all some pleasure.
I know I overstepped the bounderies sometimes but I only wanted to give you the members a chance to fish places you can only dream of, and may never have the opportunity to visit in real life.
I hope you enjoyed the outings and the sounds that were embedded in them as they were all local to that outing after hours of web searching to get the information needed.
I will leave you in the very capable hands of all the other creators and look forward to downloading thier outings in the future,hoping that I can get on the score board at some stage.
My thanks to you all for your support and I hope you will enjoy the final outings I will be posting in the next few days,which will take me over the 100 mark.
I have indulged myself a little in my choice of locations for these outings for 2 simple reasons, my father died when I was 15 years old and he taught me all he knew about the wondrous Fly Fishing from the age of 7 and too this day I still have his old Split Cane rod and Reel,the other is just for the memories of when my legs were able to walk for miles to find the perfect spot on the river ,gently wade in,cast and land the fly and wait with baited breath for what was always going to be the strike to beat all strikes,the fish to beat all fish and the heart pumping thrill of the fight in the surroundings that a fisherman/woman calls heaven.
Once again Thank You,Regards and Tight Lines To All Members,Martin.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/6/3/2 ... otland.zip
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Re: New Outing Sw River Avon Grangemouth Falkirk Scotland

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi Martin:

I read your post with mixed feelings. I am also deeply touched by your recount of your flyfishing experience and relationship with your father while you were young . I taught my son to flyfish when he was only 3 years old and he managed to catch a nice 3 pound Brown Trout on the side channel of the Yellowstone River by our ranch house. As he put it, "I caught it by Auntie Silvia's garbage can"! Yes, some of those memories will be long lasting and profound. Just hope that at some stage in his life my son will also find those memories long lasting and memorable :P :P

For a while it was like getting a weekly (or more frequent) magazine when one logs onto the RWFF Development section of the Forum. There would always be a new outing or two by SW to try out and to enjoy. One would travel the globe and transverse space in the time needed to download the varied and wonderful new outings, and would be fishing in about 10 minutes time in some very exotic and wonderful fishing destinations. Big fish, little fish, mountain streams, open gulf waters, thunder and lightening storms, hot and blinding sun light. It is a great virtual fishing world. Just wondered how many users of the RWFF have thought about this great and unique process? Maybe we are so privileged and spoiled and we may not realize just how good it is. If we do realize that this is a great program, and what it has to offer, we would be giving many copies of RWFF to our friends and relatives for a Christmas or birthday present and this way the word will spread and we will get more people fishing, making records and writing to the forums. :P :P

Martin, it has to be some kind of record for one individual to have produced over 100 outings in what, eight month's time? Wow! My hat is off to you for your love and dedication to this game, the members and the forum. I think it is only fair that you get to take some time off and do some fishing of your own. We hope to see your posting on the forum and share with us your great catches and records. However, I have a suspicion that the outing making process is so embedded and addictive that you will be back making great outings again sometime in the near future. No need to proof me wrong, just do it! :P :P

Last but not least, our greatest appreciation for all that you have done and the fun and joy that you have brought to us during the past eight months. We will see you more often in the RWFF forum instead of the Development forum soon! :P

Best Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Martin

I am sorry to hear your eye sight is failing, thanks for some great outings. If it wasn't for you i don't think i would have been able to fish in some of the most beautifull places of the world.

Its funny, this outing you have just created, was on my hit list, i have just moved premises and it is based in Falkirk. I was going to hop down at lunch time and take photo's. You have saved me the trouble.

As you know i am also from Scotland, so i will try and keep producing Scottish outings. I have at present another 12 in folder so more to come from Scotland. Every where i go now, the camera and tripod go.

Will be sad not logging on and seeing another Scottishwarrior outing. Hopefully, you can now do as everyone else was doing and get some good time fishing in.

All the best

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby richwest » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi Martin,

From the history we have together, I as one of the few, did know about your sight.
I only was not expecting it to get worse that quick.

Me and a lot of other flyfishermen will sure be missing your new creations.
I hope to get some spare time soon to supply you with the requested, so you can complete
the outings you still got comming.

I hope you will still have a long time to enjoy fishing our game and be able to try the creations from others.

If you can't stand the urge on creating, I will always be there to help you out.

Regards, your buddy Richard

PS. I will get to you by mail soon
richwest

Return to RWFF Development