Third addition upgrade

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Third addition upgrade

Postby Taff1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:00 pm

Paul
being not too bad a fisherman I've bought the 3rd edition now being clever thought I'd get the download install it & away to go but what do you know. I'm a bit of a dinasor when it comes a bit technical I've down loaded it somewhere but do you think I can find it. Bite the bullet do you think you can send me the CD so that I can go fishing
Ian Hill
Taff1

Postby paul » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:22 pm

Hey, Taff1! Thanks for buying the upgrade! I'll contact you by e-mail about the CD. Our email system is bogged down badly right now, though. Messages sent an hour ago are just arriving now. I'll be in touch once this is straightened out!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby shanksi » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:50 pm

Paul,
Just ordered the download, looking forward to trying it this weekend. The screenshots look great, my 11yo son Josh is really looking forward to using the fly tying.

shanksi
shanksi

Coooooool Third Edition

Postby Xenos » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi Paul ;)

Just bought the update to Third Edition ;)

Can't wait to receive the download link ;)

Cheers and thanks again for your hard work ;)

Cheers,
Vince
Xenos

Postby paul » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:30 am

Thanks, folks! You've been really supportive of this project and I want you to know it's appreciated! It was a busy day with the Third Edition release. Over 100 people purchased the upgrade today, and quite a few new customers bought the CD. The real challenge today was a communications breakdown when our hosts email server was brought to a halt by a bug this morning and it stayed that way for most of the day. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the download links and serial numbers to everybody as fast as I would have liked, but I'm finally caught up. By now everyone who ordered the upgrade should have that!

Just a couple people reported difficulty getting the download without the file getting corrupted. For most it went smoothly, but the server was pretty busy dishing out upgrades, and that may explain a few bad downloads. Also it was noticed that two small files are missing from the upgrade package, keeping the Ebony River from showing up in the available outings. You can download the Ebony River separately from the downloads page, or re-download the upgrade once it's updated. I have a corrected copy of the upgrade uploading right now, to a different server to spread out the load as a lot of people have yet to download it. In the morning I'll send the alternate link to everyone who bought the download.

Thanks again to all of you for your support of Real World Fly Fishing! Enjoy the Third Edition!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby shanksi » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:24 pm

Paul,
Received th e-mail with my serial number but have been unable to use the link to the website to download version3. Do you know if there is a problem at the moment?

shanksi
shanksi

Postby Pitti » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:27 pm

Received th e-mail with my serial number but have been unable to use the link to the website to download version3. Do you know if there is a problem at the moment?

Same for me. Today at the morning I was connected and got a downloadspeed of 1kb/sec. :shock:
Now at evening no connection. I hope of tomorrow.

Regards Pitti
Pitti

Dead Link

Postby Xenos » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:40 pm

Paul,

I received the Link, Thanks !!

But it's seem to be dead...

I hope you'll be able to do something ;)
Cheers,
Vince
Xenos

Problems with link

Postby skibumbill » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:42 pm

I couldn't use the 1st link, but the 2nd one worked fine for me. Just love the game. Almost like I am fishing the rivers. It took quite a while to download, but it may have been my connection. Everyone enjoy the game.
skibumbill

Re: Problems with link

Postby Reg O » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:12 am

skibumbill wrote:I couldn't use the 1st link, but the 2nd one worked fine for me. Just love the game. Almost like I am fishing the rivers. It took quite a while to download, but it may have been my connection. Everyone enjoy the game.

I have only received the first link and it is only downloading at 350bts/p/s.
It says will take 55+ hours to download.LOL.
If there is a second link I would like to give it a try.

Reg O :D
Reg O

Postby shanksi » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:08 am

Have at least managed to connect now but going to take over 20 hours to download. Is there another link as I have tried the links on both e-mails I received?

shanksi
shanksi

Postby mayamike » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:54 pm

We need a better link to this download. Maximum speed i acheved for downloading is around .2 kbps....yes .2 not a joke either for a 1.0Mbps down and a 200Kbps upload connection. Granted thats not the full speed but getting 1384/37 kbps on speed test. Please look into this for all those others that are haveing slow to nothing download speeds. After 2 days trying to download am giving up on it. Will wait for cd rom by snail mail.
mayamike

Postby shanksi » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:48 pm

Paul,
Left PC running while I went for a walk with my son Josh but it now appears to have frozen altogether. Is there any chance of receiving the CD rom instead as I don't feel as tho I'm going to manage to download it under present circumstances.

shanksi
shanksi

Postby paul » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:54 pm

Sorry folks - That first link is to a new host and it looks horribly unreliable. Here's an alternate link that appears to be working very well:

http://www.pishtech.com/rwffte_upgrade_02.zip

You'll need your Third Edition serial number to register and activate the upgrade.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby shanksi » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:04 pm

Paul,
Brilliant just tried new link only going to take 15 minutes. Josh getting desperate to tie his flies to see if he can catch bigger fish with them. Is the download version now costing $10 as Jock from Falkirk in Scotland was asking me on his forum?

shanksi
shanksi

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing