No fish over 30 inches

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

No fish over 30 inches

Postby Fly Caster » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:23 am

i bought the full version after trying out the demo, and i have been fishing for awhile now, but have not managed to catch anything over 30 inches. i have caught 3 steelhead that were 30 inches. i was wondering if this was just because of the rareness of fish being over 30 inches, or if it was because pieces of the demo was still left over when the third edition was installed? Thanks for your help
Fly Caster

Re: No fish over 30 inches

Postby paul » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:22 pm

The fact that you're catching steelhead confirms that the full version is running and there won't be any effects of the demo version on it. Fish over 30 are fairly uncommon, but if you stick with it you'll hook some bigger ones. You may also want to download some of the custom outings from the RWFF development section or from the clubhouse for some more opportunities for really big fish.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi Fly Caster:

Welcome to the great and wonderful RWFF Forum. :P :P If you were to visit the RWFF forum (the one on the very top), you will see some huge fish caught in various custom outings. Generally speaking the "official" RWFF outings are very realistic and do not have overly large fish. If you are a real Steelhead fan, you will like the SW Alaska 2 outing. I caught a 48.83 inch Steelhead there. It is even possible to catch a large steelhead in an "official" outing. My best fish at the Sheboygan River (an official RWFF outing) was 35.56 inches. :P :P

One thing about the custom outings, you will need to have all of the food, fish, sound files or the outing won't load. You can visit the club house to download the latest outings and fish files. If you have any problems, please come back and someone with help you right away.

Good luck catching that big fish . :P

Regards.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Fly Caster » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:14 pm

Okay thank you so much for your quick reply :D you guys are great here. Ill try the custom outing. Hopefully i can get it to work ;)
Fly Caster

Return to Tech Support