fish tags

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

fish tags

Postby big jake » Wed May 20, 2009 7:48 pm

hey paul are you going to make fish tags for all types of fish? what you could do is make it so you get so much money for every fish like 5 or 10$ and have it where bass still get tags to get allot of money fast? what does every one think unless i'm missing something and all the fish have tags?
big jake

Re: fish tags

Postby paul » Wed May 20, 2009 9:26 pm

Big Jake,

I wasn't really planning to add tags to other fish, but it might not be a bad idea. Right now there are no tournaments on the new lakes or for the new species, so there's no money to be earned there yet. Should all lakes offer tournaments, or would it perhaps be better if some lakes are just for fun?

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby big jake » Wed May 20, 2009 9:33 pm

i only play the free fish mode not the tournaments thats only why i was thinking about adding tags to all fish don't really need them just a thought. i haven't looked at the lake editor could people make tournaments on there lakes? I don't usually make maps but i think it would be a good idea to make tournys for trout and muskie for the new maps. just a question do lakes in real life have allot of muskie in them? I live in california and we don't have them hear or pike.
big jake

Postby paul » Wed May 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Muskies require specific habitats and don't thrive all over the country. They're also big predators and while they'd be able to adapt to a lot more lakes, they're big predators and you wouldn't want a muskie population in a prime trout water. In the best muskie lakes they usually reach a population of around one adult per acre, so compared to other species they're really scarce.

Northern pike will reach much higher populations than muskies. In lakes that have both species the muskies tend to be even more rare since the pike spawn earlier in the spring, which enables young pike to feed on the newly hatched muskies.

Besides being few in number, muskies are tough to catch because they're notoriously selective. They're famous for following a lure to the boat without ever striking, or taking repeated casts and a figure-eight with the lure at the side of the boat to trigger a strike. They're fewer in number than pike and other species in the game, too, and you'll probably have some follows too.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby big jake » Thu May 21, 2009 1:00 am

thanks for the live bait works good. i didn't know if there was more muskie then i was seeing in the game i caught a couple
Last edited by big jake on Thu May 21, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
big jake

Postby big jake » Thu May 21, 2009 1:00 am

double post accident didn't think it started loading when i hit submit
big jake

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:21 pm

those muskie are annoying in a good way :lol: they keep following my lure but I just can't get them to bite! only live bait works :|
reelfish074

Return to VR Sportfishing