Update ready for beta testing

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Update ready for beta testing

Postby paul » Tue May 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Neat ideas - I've been thinking about a manual option for the placement of trees and weeds. Right now they're generated programatically on-the-fly, using location specific functions so you always get the same trees in the same places. But a custom lake could use an optional method of getting the coordinates for any objects from files. That could include something like a dam as you suggested, or buildings, or really any object you'd want to use to decorate the scenery.

The skyboxes right now are hardcoded. The game uses different ones depending on the weather, but custom skyboxes or a similar method of adding distant surroundings would be another option.

I plan to experiment with dynamic clouds and variable lighting, and a method of getting more distinctly visible waves on the surface. Ultimately I'd like to be able to experience a fishing trip with wind and weather changing throughout the day, long shadows in the evening, a colorful sunset, followed by fishing under the stars.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby wolf » Tue May 19, 2009 10:55 pm

the night fishing sounds great carnt wait to top a grub in the moonlight
wolf

Postby wolf » Wed May 20, 2009 12:53 am

can anyone point me towards a free heightfeild creater
wolf

Postby Fisherman » Wed May 20, 2009 2:25 am

Tom1234etc, make sure you are downloading the beta(2) version of the update, as the first version acted the same way when I tried it.

The addition of trout and bait is great. That alone would make it all worthwhile. I wish I had time to use the lake editor, but that will have to wait for the weekend. Caught smallmouth, trout, perch and bass on a redworm. Even caught walleye from the dock at one of the new lakes. Will test it more tonight.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Wed May 20, 2009 3:17 am

Ok, a couple of things come up. On Mountain lake, once one has landed a rainbow trout, it isn't lipped but instead is held by the tail, so the head of the trout faces upwards and is almost touching the fisherman. A net might be a good idea for larger fish later on.

On Mountain Lake As I drove the boat around the left side passed the initial bay there were two areas of snow at the water line that were transparent. One could see the land area behind the point. Similar to clipping in visual effect.
Fisherman

Postby tom1234505 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:20 am

Fisherman wrote:Tom1234etc, make sure you are downloading the beta(2) version of the update, as the first version acted the same way when I tried it.

The addition of trout and bait is great. That alone would make it all worthwhile. I wish I had time to use the lake editor, but that will have to wait for the weekend. Caught smallmouth, trout, perch and bass on a redworm. Even caught walleye from the dock at one of the new lakes. Will test it more tonight.

ok, i got it now. thanks for the info! oh also with mountain lake I cannot see any mountains, only open water like you're in the middle of the ocean with a bait shop. :? anyways other than that great update... no one more thing, with the rainbow trout the fisherman holds it by the tail and the head of the fish is almost touching the fisherman. now other than that it is a great update. thanks again Paul!
tom1234505

Postby Buppers » Wed May 20, 2009 5:05 am

Please show me where beta version 2 for download is
I see the version of Pauls made
Thankyou Barry
Buppers

Postby paul » Wed May 20, 2009 1:38 pm

It's the same link - I uploaded the file again (also on Monday) with the master lake definition file added.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby gd145 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:40 pm

any more updates
gd145

Postby paul » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 am

I'm working on the next one. I've got at least another week or so to go, but it will have changing weather, dynamic lighting, night fishing, and at least a couple of different live bait rigs.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:58 pm

im buying this game just because of these recent updates (lake trout!!)
reelfish074

Postby gd145 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:25 pm

anything coming our way
gd145

Postby paul » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:20 pm

The weather system is almost finished. I ran into some issues with the new clouds that have set me back some, but I solved the biggest problems I was having yesterday. Now clouds can move in or out while you're fishing, it may start raining, the wind can change, etc., and the light level changes with the cloud cover, the position of the sun and the moon. I've still got work to do on the live bait rigs before I release this update, and I might include another new lake.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Mydnyte » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Sounds great, can't wait to see the new features.
Mydnyte

Postby reelfish074 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:30 am

hmmm.... i have the full version and all but I can't get this update to work.... I unzipped it into the original folder and i can see the original files along with the new ones but i play the game and that stuff is not in it... Any help?
reelfish074

Previous

Return to VR Sportfishing