Current Challenge

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Current Challenge

Postby Beaver » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:22 am

Im new to this and was wandering what the current challenge is.
Beaver

Postby kerrye » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

How about it Paul? What IS the current challenge. I had to wait until the day after Raccoon Creek closed to get a decent score so I'm rarin' to go. KE :lol:
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Postby paul » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:12 pm

Sorry I'm late with the challenge - Let's do one last challenge from now until the day before the Third Edition is released. The release is on track for Wednesday, the 14th, so Tuesday the 13th will be the final day to submit your catch.

So this challenge will run for 2 weeks. But in this challenge there may well be tied scores, in which case we'll have multiple winners. If so prizes will go to the first 3 people to post a fish code that's equal to the largest qualifying fish caught during the competition. If you've already earned a free copy of the Third Edition you're not eligible to win this one, but go ahead and post your scores to see how they stack up.

The goal: The biggest brown trout caught on an 8X leader with the Expert skill level. Fish any location you like.

For this one, write down the fish code that's displayed when you land a qualifying fish. Post that code here on the forum.

Can anyone land one over 20 inches on that light leader? Let's find out.

Tight lines!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

No codes

Postby kgrinda » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:23 pm

Paul, I was trying the new challenge, however I get no codes when I catch a fish. I have updated to V 108. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks Kevin
kgrinda

Postby paul » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:12 pm

Are you using one of the cheater IDs? If you're signed in as "cheater" you won't get the fish codes.

One other thing to check: Is the update to 108 complete? After unzipping the files make sure you've run the rwff_update.exe to update the program itself.

If it's neither of those, please let me know and I'll have to look into it more closely.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby shanksi » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:42 pm

First cast 14" brown trout code is EJOIKIXLEQSXEZSFYSACTU. Will keep trying for 20" trout. Have mentioned the game on Fly Fishing Forum as someone asked about fly fishing games so hopefully may pick up a few new members from UK

shanksi
shanksi

Postby kerrye » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:50 pm

Bingo! ! ! 8' 3 wt. floating line, 7'6" 8X leader, #16 green caddis larva Twenty-two pound brown. (The water is a secret)
QPEHCFRQKGZVKSNUJAGWPA :twisted:
kerrye

Postby Sean82 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:19 pm

QQHTWOBCGJYGJNKKLAVFDY

Got you by an inch, Kerry!... 23" broonie on a special klinkhammer variant tied by yours truly,

Sean

p.s. Since volunteering to test the new fly-tying application, I have had so much fun whipping up both virtual versions of flies that I regularly use in real life and some truly 'experimental' patterns, all of which catch fish. I would sincerely recommend that you upgrade to the new version of the game when it is released (or try and win this challenge and bag one for free!). In my opinion, the fly-tying feature really is worth the $9.95 alone.
Sean82

Hi All

Postby jcroc36 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:12 am

i could only bag a 16 incher from a couple of rivers, code is ISUBFKLBHJBJGQUGKFUXJV
Will try again tomorrow and maybe i will have beter luck.
by the way well done kerry and sean. I wonder if you fish will be beat 8) :wink: :?:
jcroc36

Postby kerrye » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am

By the way, sometimes when I am excited, I make mistakes (not at any other time of course). And in my excitement earlier, I labeled that brown trout as 22 (pounds) instead of inches. :oops:
kerrye

Postby kgrinda » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:43 am

Paul I am not sure why my codes did not work. I was not in cheat mode, but I rebooted and everything is fine now the code are there.
kgrinda

Postby Sean82 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Ok guys, I know it's bad etiquette to up the ante on my own score, but I'm scared that if I don't post the code now I'll lose it! So KEFPWZPQDLDDSLAVIUVLGX says we're up to 24", again courtesy of the klinkhammer. I think twenty-five inches might win it on the 8x leader (but I'm sure someone'll prove me wrong!)

Sean
Sean82

Postby shanksi » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Typical Aberdonian Sean cheating with flies no one else can use :lol: :lol:
Looking forward to the fly tying addition. Have you been tying flies you would use in Scotland and trying them out on the game?

shanksi
shanksi

Postby Sean82 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:56 pm

:lol: I prefer to call it creativity rather than cheating!

I must confess I have spend ages tying up virtual versions of my favourite flies - zulu, kate mclaren, loch ordie, mallard and claret, greenwell's, wee spiders, diawl bachs, the lot. It's such good fun and they do catch the fish. You can easily customise the traditional patterns with an extra feather or change of colour here and there so there's a lot of scope for experimentation. I've even tried tying up a few of these 'experiements' in real life! (clearly need to get out more :))

Sean
Sean82

Postby Sean82 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:10 pm

EGXDARQFCVJQXEASTNSCTU... 25" is possible! :D

Shanksi will be pleased to hear that this one also fell to my special wee klinkhammer :lol:

Sean

p.s. Remember I've already won a copy of the game, as I think have Kerry and a few others, which means we're not eligible to actually win anything in this competition. So get those scores in!
p.p.s. Racoon Creek, Burns River and Oak Valley Creek all hold fish up to and in excess of 25" :wink:
Sean82

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing