Saitek P27 Force Feedback Joystick

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Postby RMatzkanin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:59 pm

I bought a Saitek force feedback joystick to use with the game but I don't get any feedback. I checked to make sure that FORCE was "ON" in the game settings. I don't have any other games installed that I can test with and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this joystick and RWFF.
RMatzkanin

Joystick question

Postby kerrye » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:44 am

In the software for your joystick, is there a set-up window? On my logitech, I have to go in and set up for each game I use the joystick with. Then, it automatically defaults to the settings for that particular game when you open the game. :D
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Postby RMatzkanin » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:14 pm

Yes, in the control panel under game controllers, there is a panel with tabs for: Test Input, Test Forces, Gain Settings, Help and About. Test Input seems to be fine and Test Forces lets you feel various effects when you press each button. Gain is the only place to actually set something. All gains are set to 100% except Default Spring which is 13% and "Always On" in Not checked. There is software that came with the controller that the installation routine said was for advanced users who want to program the joystick. If I install that, I'm not sure what I would program.
RMatzkanin

Saitek joystick

Postby kerrye » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:39 am

Not familiar with the settings on the Saitek, but on the logitech I set the centering spring to about 50 to 60% and the feedback from the fish, I think I have set at about 120% :o
kerrye

Postby shanksi » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:52 pm

Have recently been given a Logitech Wingman joystick and have been able to set it up to use with the game. Unfortunately the force feedback does not seem to be working and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the set up should be. I'm not a techy so please make instructions very simple. Have got global device settings at overall effects strength 120% and centring spring strength 50%, is there something else I need to set up. Thanks.
Looking forward to new update with new flies and fly tying available.

shanksi
shanksi

Postby kerrye » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:54 pm

Have you turned on the feedback option in the game itself on the options tab? :o
kerrye

Postby shanksi » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:15 pm

kerrye wrote:Have you turned on the feedback option in the game itself on the options tab? :o

Have set up the options for the joystick and also for feedback. A couple of times when we first put the game on the joystick vibrates slightly but when we play the game and hook into a fish nothing happens.

shanksi
shanksi

Postby kerrye » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:37 pm

Don't know shanksi. This is the logitech I'm using and I will play with the settings to see if I can duplicate your problem and get back to you. KE

kerrye

Postby shanksi » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:42 pm

Thanks Kerry that looks similar to my joystick.

shanksi
shanksi

Postby kerrye » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:02 pm

OK;
Game settings (RWFF) Joystick on
Feedback 0n

Wingman settings Overall effects 127%
Spring effect 101%
Damper effect 73%
Enable Centering Spring
Centering Spring Strength 57%

This is the way I am playing it and it is working pretty well. I could go up some on the overall effects setting. (I think)
kerrye

Postby shanksi » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:07 pm

Thanks Kerry discovered from your settings that the disc that we got with the game was out of date. Didn't have either spring effect or damper effect but have now downloaded from Logitec website and force feedback is now working. Will try different settings to find best suitable as force feedback not too strong. Thanks again for all your help.

shanksi
shanksi

Postby kerrye » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Great. Keep in mind to not set centering spring force too high. Will cause a jerky action while you are fighting a fish. Cost you a lot of tippets and nice fish. :lol:
kerrye

Return to Tech Support