Possible change?

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Possible change?

Postby pat10 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:50 pm

I think sightfishing is far too easy in this game. In reality in a very clear lake it is still very difficult to spot fish unless they are laying up very shallow. Even though the water is clear they just tend to blend in with the weeds and everything else. I think it would be a simple fix and good for everybody if it became much harder to see fish WITHOUT the sunglasses. I never bought any sunglasses in the baitshop because I do not want to see the fish before I cast. I think everybodys happy if the fish became almost impossible to see without sunglasses and seeable with the use of the sunglasses instead of seeable without sunglasses and very seeable with. Just a thought....great game though!
pat10

Re: Possible change?

Postby paul » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:37 pm

I agree that the fish tend to be more visible in the game than in the majority of real-world situations. There are times I've been able to spot fish in a real lake over 20 feet down, but that's certainly rare. I could back off the visibility without sunglasses somewhat, and perhaps in general make the clarity fluctuate with the weather, and maybe with the season. The more cloud cover, the less light penetration into the water and the harder it is to see under the surface. The same goes for the wind - the more the surface is moving, the harder it should be to see underwater. Perhaps the visibility as it is now should be the best-case scenario - sunny skies and dead calm.

I'm also thinking of adding a new body of water or two where the visibility is simply much lower, say 2 to 3 feet. There sightfishing would only be possible in rare conditions.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby pat10 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Yeh I think that would be a good idea to at least back it down without sunglasses. That way the people that like to see fish can still see them with the sunglasses and the people that dont want to see fish just simply dont wear the sunglasses. Then everybody wins. I am definitely interested in some new lakes with murkier water. Sounds like that could be fun. Perhaps a murky river or something would make for a pretty cool experience. I dont think there has ever been a 3D game out there where you can drive a boat around a flowing river. Maybe throw a few eddys in there where the current slows down and fish hold.
pat10

Postby Fisherman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:19 pm

That would be great, Paul. staining and reflections would add a degree of realism and difficulty to the game. You might also consider adding more time to each fishing day options to the tournaments though. With the added challenge, more time will be needed to locate and figure out the proper lure to catch tournament fish, and right now, there isn't a lot of time to do so. Setting it up as a fisherman's option would make it flexible enough for the casual fisherman, but I wouldn't mind spending a few real-time hours out on one of your lakes.
I like your idea for anchoring, and it would be a blast to fish a river. Consider adding dams to set up an upper and lower limit to the river, and also to add different fishing conditions for the various species.
Hey, fellow fishermen! Isn't this great? How many fishing games have you ever had the chance to influence and put your ideas into? Thanks to Paul for being open to this!!
Fisherman

Postby fishman50 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:49 pm

I would like to see adjustable clarity, in murky water it's tougher to see the fish but you can use heavier line while in clear water you can see the fish but you have to downsize the presentation.
fishman50

Postby Boston Bob » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:39 am

Paul: Why not add clarity of the water as another option when starting on a fishing trip? That way individuals can set the clarity as to what suits them for
a particular fishing outing.

As always, thanks for listening to our suggestions.

Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Return to VR Sportfishing