NEW LAKES or UPDATES

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

NEW LAKES or UPDATES

Postby reelemin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:30 am

I was just curious as when we might see a new update or lakes for this game?I really enjoy the game and have told several people about it.I personally would like to see a new lake with mostly smallmouth and some nice ones at that.But keep it realistic.Thanks and tight lines to all members.
reelemin

Re: NEW LAKES or UPDATES

Postby paul » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Good question. There are a lot of things I'm considering, but let's see what people want most. How would you rank these possible additions, from 0 (don't care for it) to 10 (can't wait for it)?

A: Several more lakes
B: A river or two
C: A lake editor so you could add your own
D: More speices of fish
E: Live bait
F: Fly fishing
G: The ability to walk or wade

Please let me know what's top on your wish list!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby geraldro » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi Paul,

A: Several more lakes
B: A river or two - 8
C: A lake editor so you could add your own - 10 10 10 10 :D :D :D
D: More speices of fish - 7
E: Live bait -6
F: Fly fishing -9
G: The ability to walk or wade

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby Fisherman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:22 am

A: Several more lakes:7
B: A river or two:10
C: A lake editor so you could add your own:10
D: More species of fish:8
E: Live bait:8
F: Fly fishing:8
G: The ability to walk or wade:9

Along with a river, I would have to say the ability to anchor the boat would be a must. Tough enough on windy days on the lake without that. Wading and bank fishing on a river would be great, drive your boat to that hotspot, get out and fish. Oops! my boat! Fly fishing follows naturally from the wading aspect and would be great for the river as well.
If bait-fishing comes up, I'd like to see a younger character added too. My youthful days were filled with bobber and bait fishing for bluegill, crappie and the rare bass. Be nice to revisit those.
Fisherman

Postby Pitti » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:26 am

A: Several more lakes: 5
B: A river or two: 8
C: A lake editor so you could add your own: 10
D: More species of fish: 8
E: Live bait: 0
F: Fly fishing: 10
G: The ability to walk or wade: 9

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby Scottish Warrior » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 am

Removed
Last edited by Scottish Warrior on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby gd145 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:48 pm

paul all is a 8 live bait is a 10 bigger boat is a 15
gd145

Postby sjc628 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:03 am

A big 10 for a lake editor and more species of fish. The rest would be fine.
sjc628

Postby fishman50 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:29 am

A: Several more lakes=7
B: A river or two=8
C: A lake editor so you could add your own=6
D: More speices of fish=9
E: Live bait=10
F: Fly fishing=3
G: The ability to walk or wade=7
fishman50

Postby mitchlin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:40 am

I would also give a big 10 to a lake editor and more species of fish. Rivers and fly fishing I already have with RWFF. Although, rivers and fly fishing would most definately include more species of fish (trout, salmon, steelhead, etc). I feel there needs to be a way for the game to keep record of the biggest fish by species by lake also... Might want to have mounts on the wall in the bait shop showing biggest fish caught in that lake by species..Just an idea.
mitchlin

Postby gonefishin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Here's what I'd like to see, ordered by importance (first one most important, last one least important):

1) Live bait
Worms, minnows, ... heck maybe even dipbait or cutbait! Bobbers and custom rig options a must.
This would be great. I often want to just cast, relax, and enjoy the nature ambience (or maybe a talk radio podcast). This would also add to the realism of the game.

2) Several more lakes
You can never have enough lakes. Offer varying structure and hidden surprises (submerged boats and such are cool - I've seen some in other games). A lake editor would also be absolutely awesome, but difficult from a programmer's standpoint; making it user-friendly would be tricky.

3) A river or two
As with #2, why not? More lakes, why not a river or two?

4) A lake editor so you could add your own
'Nuff said :)

5) More species of fish
Sure, why not? Carp, drum, catfish, gar... you could really have fun with this.

6) The ability to walk or wade.
There's another 3D fishing game out there that's pulled this off nicely. I think it'd be a great feature.

7) Fly fishing
Here is where I disagree. If you've already made a dedicated fly fishing game, I'd stick to it. Focus on the more important stuff.

This is an awesome forum. Thanks Paul for listening to your game fans!
gonefishin

Postby pat10 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:01 pm

A: Several more lakes 9
B: A river or two 10
C: A lake editor so you could add your own 10
D: More speices of fish 9
E: Live bait 5
F: Fly fishing 0
G: The ability to walk or wade 5
pat10

Postby pat10 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Actually reading one of the other posts live bait could be really really cool if done the right way. Like I mentioned in another post the water would have to be murkier so you cant see the fish. That way you can cast out a slip bobber and wait for it to go under. If you can see the fish that defeats the whole purpose of the slip bobber going under because you would just watch the fish swim up to your bait and eat which takes the fun out of it. But I can see setting up a slip bobber along a weed edge with a big minnow or something for walleyes and bass as a really fun experience. Or even setting out some cutbait in a deeper hole for some big channel cats or flathead cats in a river. Theres some really amazing fishing experiences you can create if done the right way and it would be just like real life.
pat10

Postby Boston Bob » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:56 am

Paul: Here's my take on new features to VRS. Live bait gets a 10 from me and a river or two would be great too.

Now here's where I might differ from your other users: I personally feel that RWFF got away from you when you allowed everyone to add
their personal outings to the game. Now, I'm not against adding lakes etc. but you should have control over the add ons. I want them
to be as good as the original and you would have to admit that some outings in RWFF fell below a set standard. Now I haven't been adding
any outings from RWFF since I have been fishing VRS and there are probably 30 or more outings now. This is way to much for anyone to absorb much
less fish. How can you possibly fish over 100 outings in RWFF. All I'm trying to say is to keep the add ons to VRS under your control.

I probably should have let you know my feelings on this personally but if the Bass fishermen and women in this game came from RWFF they would know
what I'm talking about.

Hey, that's what this forum is all about, telling others and Paul how you feel.

My best always and tight lines....
Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby pat10 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:00 pm

We definitely need a record book too for each of the lakes. I think thats a pretty simple update but it adds a whole lot to the game because it gives us something to shoot for everytime we fish freely instead of a tournament. I actually just made my own record log in excel because I like to see what lakes are better for certain fish. I really gotta say I LOVE the realistic fish sizes. I am so tired of catching 10lb bass every other cast in other games. Personally I love fishing eagle lake because the bass definitely seem to be smaller on that lake but there is potential for some nice largemouths. I think I caught one almost 7lbs which is super realistic since I have spent a lot of time fishing that lake. I love having to actually WORK to find a 10lber.
pat10

Next

Return to VR Sportfishing