Rammed at dock

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Rammed at dock

Postby Reg O » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:32 am

Hi all :D
Nice to see so many on the virtual lakes fishing for bass . This brings me to a problem that happened to me twice today.

I was on the start of the 2nd day of a two day tournament, leading in poundage and full of high hopes. The tournament started and I didn't touch anything as I wanted the other boats to clear away first. A boat leaving the dock rammed me and even though I hadn't moved, I was out , entrance fee money and tournament too. lol. Any fix for this or do I have to wait at the dock and give driving advice :twisted: to these individuals when they return for the weighin ?

Congrats on another great game Paul.

Reg O
Reg O

Re: Rammed at dock

Postby Fisherman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 am

I bet it was that blasted Blue Boat! He's a menace!
Fisherman

Postby paul » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:53 am

Wow - I have't seen that happen in the last few builds, but as you describe it I can imagine one scenario in which it might. The AI boaters are programmed to avoid hitting another boat even if it means running aground, and they should cut the throttle if anybody is in their approximate path. I could imagine one turning sharply to avoid another boat at the take-off, and by dodging another boat hitting yours. In the next update I'll add another layer of protection for the players boat: If you're not moving (and haven't been for at least a few seconds) and another boat hits you, I'll keep it from disqualifying you. Maybe I'll even DQ the AI boater. =)

Tight lines and safe boating,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Reg O » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks for the quick reply. One of the top reasons these games are so good is the prompt response from you to cries for assistance from players.

I just downloaded and installed the game on saturday night ,Mar 21. Do I have to put in any updates or would they already be included in the latest game downloads.

Reg
Reg O

Postby paul » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Reg,

It wouldn't hurt to get the latest update to run as smoothly as possible, plus to get better fish schooling, etc. See the "want to but this but..." thread for the link. I'll add it to the main downloads page soon and upate the main installer.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Reg O » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Thanks Paul

I'll install the update right away.

Reg
Reg O

Return to VR Sportfishing