Using player outings

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Using player outings

Postby kgrinda » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 am

Okay, I have been a proud owner of RWFF for sometime now. I never have tried to download the player outing until this week. Every time I download and put into the RWFF folder nothing happens. It will show up but if I click the outing it will say loading and it will freeze up. I know I have the latest updates. I downloaded the fish, food and sound files. Any Ideas? Thanks Kevin :?:
kgrinda

Re: Using player outings

Postby geraldro » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:46 am

Hi Kevin,

the last version is 125, after "verification" you have a "content_errors" file in RWFF, what says it ?

Regards Gérald

Ps: I m goes away at Monday evening, but Stanley, Barns, Alvaro, will be able to help you because Richard is very occupied....
After updated have you clicked on the "rwff_update" button ?
geraldro

Postby kgrinda » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:23 pm

I could not copy the error code into this post. Here is a link to a print screen of it. Thanks for any feedback. thanks and take care. Kevin

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Vr ... directlink
kgrinda

Postby Scottish Warrior » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Dear KG, Make sure you have downloaded the Food File from the Clubhouse,this includes the Bloodworm file you require to fish the Mekong Delta,this should solve the problem. Regards Martin.(Scottish Warrior
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby kgrinda » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Okay i loaded the food in the RWFF food folder. I see bloodwoom in the folder but I still get the same error message. what is odd is it seems I have two food folders. When I open the food folder I see a list of foods, then I see a another list of foods. I tried to merge the two but still I can't get the outing to work. thanks Kevin
kgrinda

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:45 am

Hi Kevin:

Welcome to the pishtech forum. It is about time you join in the fun! :D :D Sorry you are having problems with custom build addons. These addon are fantastic and lovingly built by various members. Within these addons you can travel the world to exotic destinations and catch fish that one would never dream of, all in the comfort of your own home! A word of warning though, it is extremely addictive so don't say that you have not been warned! LOL :) :)

To get these custom addons to work one must do some extra work. You need to have all the latest fish, sound and food definitions. Most addons just don't work unless these libraries are complete and correctly installed in you RWFF program. Next you need to have the latest V.125 beta version of the RWFF program. On the bottom right side of your RWFF screen it should say V.125 B90227. If you have that, you are okay. The earlier version were not very stable.

It seems to me that you should have only one food folder in the RWFF program. Do you mean you see a food folder inside of the RWFF food folder? If so you have unzipped the newly downloaded food folder into the existing one, and not the content files within the folder. If this is the case try to open the extra folder, (newly downloaded one) copy and paste all the items into the "opened" original RWFF food folder. When asked if you want to replace the files just say replace all. Then you should have all the new and updated food items in one folder. Try that and see if this is your problem.

SW is a great creator and a fine technician. Your error files seem to indicate the problem that he saw. So the only posibility would be the blood worm food files have not been installed correctly. :D :D Hope this will solve your problem. If not, please check back in and everyone will try to help and get you fishing in the shortest possible time. Let us know if you problem has been solved. :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby kgrinda » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:27 am

Thanks Geraldro, Martin, Yellowstone7. I went back a deleted to 2nd folder within the food folder. I then reinstalled all the fish, sounds, and food. It works great now. I can not believe I have been a member since 2007 and never downloaded a player outing, Iam behind times. I need to participate more in this forum. I have regular contact with Paul and I read the forum all the time but not sign in. I know that you are a good bunch of guys and gals I'm missing out but not being active. thanks again, Kevin
kgrinda

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:47 am

Hi Kevin:

Great to hear you have the problem solved!! :D :D The custom outings are really fantastic and offers hours of fascination and enjoyment. Martin has made over 50 outings within a very short time and all of them are great. Oh, and the fish are HUGE but not easy to catch! Others have also created some very excellent and unique outings as well! You need to dowload them and give them a try. You will be pleased!!:D :D Join the forum, share your creations and catches, discuss your ideas and views. Hope to hear from you more often than before! :D :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Thanks guys,

I see, I can leave the forum behind for some more days, so I can keep on working at the Clubhouse feature! LOL

I will check in now and then, to see what's going on though.

If there is anything you guys can't solve, notify me by email, because I do not have time to check all posts when I hop in.

Regards Richard
richwest

Return to Tech Support