The Crappie are a'biting

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

The Crappie are a'biting

Postby Fisherman » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Well, my buddies the weeds are back, but since the crappie are biting now, I can live with it. The guide is more accurate, although it can be a bit tricky driving on the map. It is faster than driving in first-person, so that is a trade-off.
When I installed the latest patch, the crappie stopped biting at all. It went from hot to not. However, a reset to a new fishing trip took care of this. The patch seems solid, and I hope to go bluegill and perch fishing next. The fish I caught were of a good mix in size and weight, with the smallest around four ounces and the largest at one pound.
A matter that might be addressed in a future update is water clarity. Right now it is about seeing the fish and stalking them, casting to the school or individual fish. I am not certain where that line should be, in a fishing game with powerful sunglasses and underwater cameras and all, but some option to cloud or discolor the water might at some point bring an element of surprise and intuition to the fishing aspect. There are certainly clear water lakes, but not most I have fished.
Thanks to Paul for creating and updating this game. It is in part his support and dedication to his creation that led me to feel comfortable with purchasing it. I look forward to future updates.
Fisherman

Re: The Crappie are a'biting

Postby reelemin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:05 am

I caught a crappie today that was 1.2 lbs.A good fight on 4 lb test.This game just keeps getting better as the updates come along.Thanks Paul.
reelemin

Postby mitchlin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Had a great time this afternoon on Eagle Lake. Went crappie fishing from the dock using a small jig. Cought a large mess of fish. My only question now is how to get them into the frying pan. Any suggestions? :mrgreen:
mitchlin

Postby bassmaster12 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:22 pm

im still tring to find perch need to catch me some jumbos for crappies found a few of them but there fincky
bassmaster12

Return to VR Sportfishing