New User

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New User

Postby RickB » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:20 pm

What a great game you have created. So far, I am just enjoying playing. No suggestions or complaints until I've played it before. I guess I am going to have to break down and buy a force feedback joy stick to get the full effect though. Any recommendations on the best joy stick? :)
RickB

joystick

Postby kerrye » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:04 pm

I am using a Logitech Wingman Force Feedback. You can find them on ebay at real reasonable prices. Retail runs about $45 to $50 and you can catch one for under $15 plus shipping.

A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

thanks

Postby RickB » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:49 pm

Got the Logitech from ebay, thanks! Can't wait for it to arrive to use it for fishing. Casting with the mouse leaves something to be desired.
RickB

Joystick vs mouse

Postby beadflyguy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:02 am

For the non-Xbox generation the game still plays very well with the mouse. I bought a joystick and found the experince to be more difficult. I returned the the joystick. I wish I had force feedback but with the mouse I can easily land the fly into the feeding lanes.

For the record I also play X-Box but to those of us who grew up without PC's and video games to play with I think the mouse might be a better bet.
beadflyguy

X-box and Joysticks

Postby kerrye » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi Beadflyguy. You should definitely try the game with a force feedback stick. You get the fighting action from the fish and it really improves the game. As for X-box, I have never played one and started flyfishing back in the late fifties.
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Game pad

Postby skibumbill » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:54 am

I got a gamepad, It has a small joystick on it and has force feedback on it. I got it for $14, but they have and cordless one out for $25. I think it's easier than the big joystick.
skibumbill

Return to Real World Fly Fishing