Update ready to download

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Update ready to download

Postby paul » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:25 am

Visit http://www.pishtech.com/downloads.html and download the update for version 108 and follow the instructions in the readme.txt file. This fixes the bug in challenge scores and does a bit more:

Challenge scores are now calcuated to be 50% higher if you're using expert mode, 25% on advanced. Also when you catch a fish or complete a challenge, a code is displayed. Write this code down if you want to enter that fish or challenge score in a competition. I can use that to validate the fish or score.

Once you've got the update installed, get back out there on the Dogwood on expert! With the new scoring somebody should be able to beat 1500. Don't forget to write down your score codes!

Paul

PS - I'll be doing some more testing of this update tonight - it's a rush job to get the competition rolling again, but so far it looks good. If you encounter any problems with the update please let me know. 8)
paul
Site Admin

Postby jackB » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:12 am

argh you mean i can't recall that code ?
didn't write it down ,had 1516
jackB

Postby paul » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:31 pm

There's an alternate way to confirm a score if you don't have the code, but the code is the easiest way to do it.

I see that scores are already over 1600, though! And you sure went over 1500 quicly. Wow. You guys are good.

A little hint - The Dogwood is mostly a brown and brook trout fishery, but on rare occasions someone catches a smallmouth bass, and they can be fairly big. The first site in the challenge outing there may be a smallie bigger than any of the trout in that hole. :wink:

Tight lines!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Tobias » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:16 pm

The upgrade doesent work i think i do something wrong!
i always get points about 1100 and theres no code at the end of the challange!
have i to do something else than to put the files into the RWFF file??
Tobias

Postby paul » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:00 pm

It sounds like you've got the files but haven't run the updating tool. After you unpack the files to the folder with the game, you need to run rwff_update.exe to do the actual update. It should tell you it's going to update from your old version to version 108.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to Real World Fly Fishing