Mouse Lag

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Mouse Lag

Postby Ron » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:27 am

Hi,
I just downloaded the Demo of VRSF (Jan 21/09). The mouse lags a great deal, too much to play the game. I've tried closing apps running in backgroud and installing on XP and Vista (I have dual boot). I have the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE video card. Is this card too slow for this program? If so, what video card is recommended for this program?
Ron
Ron

Re: Mouse Lag

Postby mediumfisher » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:51 pm

i am having the same problem with an nvidia quadro fx (geforce 8700), so i dont think your hardware is too slow.
but turning off all graphic driver options (antialiasing etc.) at least made the game playable - although its still running far from smooth and slows down after several minutes.
lets hope someone finds a solution!
mediumfisher

Postby paul » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:36 pm

I've got an update coming fairly soon that will speed things up considerably. On my main XP test machine it doubles the frame rate without much impact on the graphics. I'll post here when the update is ready. In the meantime try turning down some of the settings in the game, especially the numbers of trees. The quickest way to speed it up is to turn down the water effects, but that also has a big impact on the realism of the graphics.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby sjc628 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:29 am

I have no problems with any kind of lag with the settings at max. Rather then having a slight decrease in graphics, would I just then not install the patch, or will the same patch contain other things that I might want?
sjc628

Postby mediumfisher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:36 pm

i turned off the following two things on my xp machine and -surprise- the game suddenly worked smoothly.
(probably concidence, but there is still a faint chance it might work for someone else as well)

1. hp wireless assistant
2. graphiccard power-saving management (to be found somewhere in your driver software; so it was with my nvidia quadro fx1600m)

good luck
mediumfisher

Return to VR Sportfishing