The Baitshop

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: The Baitshop

Postby gd145 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:35 pm

anyone who not trully enjoy this is missing out i have been gett ing an average of 4 hours sleep a night all i want to do is play i have 28million right now and wish PAUL would come up with something to spend it on
gd145

Postby bassmaster12 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:18 am

well its be awhile went out to eagle lake a few clouds, still wind heading to the west and its the end of june started with casting out poppers caught a couple of nice bass between 1-3 lbs plus 1 4.6 lber and i few pike between 1-5 lbs and a monsterous 14.7 lber on 6 lbs test which scared the living heck out of me when i landed it since i only have the demo
bassmaster12

Postby Fisherman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Seems a might quiet here, guess everyone is out fishin'. Yeah, walleye fishing is becoming a favorite. I hope the crappie start biting soon. One can aim for a particular species, but, at times, the game has other ideas. Eagle lake, early spring, a bit overcast and breezy, I'm out to catch a few bass before work and head up to the shallows to the north east end.
I rig up a frog and start casting. A fish hits it right away. A nice pike. Yep, the pike were in the shallows and in force. Caught a good ten before I saw my first bass. All in the 2.5 to 4.5 pound range, no trophies, but a lot of fun.
Fisherman

Postby paul » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Sounds like a fun outing!

Out of curiosity, what's the biggest walleye you've caught? Anybody catch a real trophy yet?

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby bassmaster12 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:33 am

mine was just over 6lbs not trophy but sure big caught while jiggin with a small red bucktail 6lbs test largest pike is now 14.7 lbs my largest bass is a 6lbs largie, and a 4lbs smallies, no pannies yet cant seem to get them on my smallest of lures i use for fincky eyes i mean the tiniest money can by
bassmaster12

Postby Fisherman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:02 am

Largest I had caught was just under four pounds, though I had seen bigger fish. Right now I am back to the pier, having had to reinstall everything due to a computer crash. (Video card went PFFFT. ) I'm thinking of keeping to the piers until I have enough for the flatboat and trolling motor. Keep you posted as to whether or not that works out. One thing: More weeds are not an enhancement! Dratted things!
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Well, the new card is working great. I took a six lb test spinning rod and a set of jigs and went... weed fishing. Guess turning the weed setting to max did not help my dock fishing expedition. Turning the setting down helped a bit but the fishing was still slow, even at Eagle Lake. I finally turned the difficulty to beginner and switched to a five inch orange worm. That seemed to do the trick. At one point, I had caught 39 straight bass, including two of over four pounds. I went from lake to lake and dock to dock, catching fish at each(even a small bass at Birch lake). Armed with $3,660.00 I finally bought my flat bottom boat.
I think, however, I am going to start a fisherman who is a dedicated dock fisher. He'll never buy a boat(until we can switch from boat to boat and back to dock or land fish if we choose), and I am going to see how big a fish one can catch from the dock on higher difficulty ranges, at every lake in the game.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Well, with the new update in play I went out on my first panfish tourney at Crystal lake. It was on experienced level. The weather was dark and it was raining. I found crappie, and they ignored everything I threw at them until I hit upon the right color. (If you don't want to know, don't read the end of this post). I won the tourney with just over four pounds of crappie. My biggest was one pound(I've since caught a 1.1 lber) and that got me the Big Fish bonus!
In a sunny practice day at Eagle Lake, a red jig caught my 1.1 lb crappie. On the tourney on a rain-soaked day, it was yellow, with dark flakes.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:10 pm

With one successful panfish tourney under my belt, it was with some confidence that I entered the one day Canyon Lake Tourney. I left the dock, and right away found a large school of crappie right near the dock in 5 foot of water. This was going to be easy, I thought.
Well, for the next three hours of game time the crappie ignored everything I threw at them. Nothing worked. They never even budged. The bass, however, were swarming like pirhana on a side of beef. You couldn't beat them off with a stick. To top it off, the same blue boat that had got me before had collided with me on an earlier attempt on the tourney, and my trolling motor was out. Grrr. Stupid Blue Boat.
In desperation I turned to the Guide feature, which cost me some money during the tourney. The guide said the crappie would be in five feet of water, not really biting but that a green jig would do the trick. I searched my gear and found one green jig. One. The crappie in the shallows still ignored the lure, and there was the constant threat of the bass, four and six pound test snap easily with a big bass online. But in fifteen feet of water I found a school of crappie. One actually chased after the green jig, but three bass beat it to the lure. After fending them off, I caught three crappie in successive casts. At least I wouldn't be skunked. After that school lost interest, I went back to the shallows near the dock with :45 left. I caught three more crappie, winning the tournament with 4.1 lbs and the large fish bonus. $2,000 bucks richer, thanks to the guide!
That trip was just like a real fishing trip, in retrospect. The fish were stubborn, the day a loss, and then for a few fun minutes it was fish after fish. Anyone else have a similar experience in the tourney?
Fisherman

Postby SicSRT-4 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:30 am

I read this thread a little while ago, but didn't have any real "good" stories to tell...lol. Well, i finally got my shot today.

It was the middle of June at Crystal Lake, party cloudy with a slight breeze. Water temp was around 70*. Gorgeous day (i wish i could have been there in real life!). I had a white, 4" spinner with a single colorado blade tied to some 20lb line and wrapped around a medium-heavy baitcaster. I was reeling in fish anywhere from 2lbs to 5lbs all day long without even breaking a sweat. It wasn't until i set the hook on this particular strike that i got excited. I set the hook and the fish just took off reeling out yard after yard of line despite my drag being set fairly high. She calmed down a little and i was able to get a few cranks in until she threatened to snap my 20lb line....twice. After awhile of playing tug-o-war back and forth, she was finally in the boat. Largest fish i've caught so far :mrgreen:

SicSRT-4

Postby gd145 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:13 am

wait till you get a 20+pounder on 10 lb test then it will be more fun then you could imagine
gd145

Postby bassmaster12 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:54 pm

well finally did some walleye fishin only caught ones under a pound which sucked the bait working was meduim running crankbaits
bassmaster12

Postby bassmaster12 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:55 pm

SicSRT-4 wrote:I read this thread a little while ago, but didn't have any real "good" stories to tell...lol. Well, i finally got my shot today.

It was the middle of June at Crystal Lake, party cloudy with a slight breeze. Water temp was around 70*. Gorgeous day (i wish i could have been there in real life!). I had a white, 4" spinner with a single colorado blade tied to some 20lb line and wrapped around a medium-heavy baitcaster. I was reeling in fish anywhere from 2lbs to 5lbs all day long without even breaking a sweat. It wasn't until i set the hook on this particular strike that i got excited. I set the hook and the fish just took off reeling out yard after yard of line despite my drag being set fairly high. She calmed down a little and i was able to get a few cranks in until she threatened to snap my 20lb line....twice. After awhile of playing tug-o-war back and forth, she was finally in the boat. Largest fish i've caught so far :mrgreen:

by the looks of it you edited the photo by removing the fishfinder screen
bassmaster12

Postby bassmaster12 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:11 am

well i just defeated all odds playing the demo and i decided to us my screwing around account the one with the money cheat and bought a bunch of panfish and walleye lures and the 16' boat i ended up with one dinky perch and a drum roll please......

42.22" 27lbs pike on a small meduim diving crankbait while searching flats for walleye got him on the light action spinning rod and i had to chase the thing with my trolling motor man am i happy and scared the date july 25th, sunny, still, western wind :D :o
bassmaster12

Postby Fisherman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:43 am

A trip to my fav walleye spot on Eagle lake turned up a surprise when I caught my first muskie in the game, a 1.7 lb "monster". Ok, future monster. A few casts later and a better 5.7 pounder took the bait. I also lost one of at least twenty pounds when my trolling motor refused to go after the fish. Fun stuff. A white jig got the action, a medium to large one.
Fisherman

PreviousNext

Return to VR Sportfishing