a few tech problems

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

a few tech problems

Postby ladyfisher » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:44 am

Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I first would like to say how much I love this game! I spend way too much time on the computer now.
But I am having a great time. With the cold and snow that we are experiencing and the fact that all my favorite streams are
frozen over. It is great that spring fishing is just a click away without leaving the house.
I am experiencing several problems though. I believe I downloaded the 120 version, I found the "readme" file with 120 in the
upper left corner. But when I am at the menu, in the bottom right corner I still just see the 70813 number.
What do I need to do to fix this?
Also, I downloaded the Sacramento California outing. When I clicked on it to fish that outing I got the following message,
"Supporting files have been corrupted. Please reinstall the flyfishing simulator."

I have also notice lately that when I am fighting a fish, the yellow fly line jumps from the rod and is attached to the
right hand corner of my screen. I have Windows XP.

I hope you can help me correct these errors.

Thank you in advance.
ladyfisher
ladyfisher

Re: a few tech problems

Postby steelheadmaster » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:44 am

I'm having the same problem with the Lower Sac, greenland and a few others I can't remember at the moment. Also in the umpqua when I get to site 14 I the game freezes.......
steelheadmaster

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:38 am

Hi Ladyfisher and Steelheadmaster:

Welcome to the RWFF community and Forum. RWFF is a great program but requires a little tweaking to get it to work properly. Your problems are most likely due to not having the most updated version of V.120, and/or missing fish files, food files, or sound files. No doubt Richard will hop on this right away and will offer his always fantastic and knowledgeable help. With so many addons and outings available it is not always a plug and play situation.:>) Be patient and you will be rewarded with hours of worthwhile fun. :D

On my screen, bottom right hand corner, it shows V.120 and B.80328. The program seems to work just fine with only a few occasional and minor crashes. Maybe the developer will get this work out in the future?

Have fun, catch some big fish and post them in the Club House Score Board!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Thanks Stanley for putting all these feathers in my back, but I'm not the creative brain behind this magnificent game, I'm just another forummember, who spends far too much
time in keeping thing going on here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ladyfisher,

First of all, a very big and warm welcome to our fishing community.

Stanley is right, you don't have the right update. You have to unzip the rwffu120.zip-file into the root of the real world fly fishing-folder.
Then execute the rwff_update.exe file.

When asked to update to version 120, select yes.

If everything went well, it should read V.120 and B.80328 at the right bottom of the menuscreen. :!: :!:

Both for Ladyfisher and Steelheadmaster, be sure to have all food- and species files downloaded, otherwise you might have crashes on custom-outings
due to missing files.

If you are still having trouble after trying this, please let me know and I will come back to you.

Regards Richard
RWFF Clubhouse Manager
richwest

Postby ladyfisher » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:53 pm

Thank all of you for your reply. I followed your instructions and all seems just fine now.
I am really enjoying the the newest outing that I have added it is the Pennsylvania Lackawaxen Stream.
Landed some huge browns (28") on it! PA streams are my favorite waters.
ladyfisher
ladyfisher

Postby richwest » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Ladyfisher,

That's a great score.

If you like, you can submit your score to the species thropiy list at our Clubhouse

http://www.janrochat.com/rwff/Real_Website_Backup/Real_Website_Backup/contest/species_highscores.htm

You can copy the caught lines from the score_log.txt file, including the fishcode and send it to me by Email richwest@casema.nl or PM.
And I will verify the score and add it to the list.

Regards Richard
RWFF Clubhouse Manager.
richwest

Return to Tech Support