flybox

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

flybox

Postby dan94 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:16 am

hi i was wondering if it was possible to make a custom flybox for just the flies you tie :?:
cheers Dan94
dan94

Re: flybox

Postby richwest » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:45 am

Dan,

It is possible to make a custom flybox, but it is not possible yet to fill it with just your own flies without removing all other flies from the flies folder.

This topic has been mentioned before to Paul and he has promissed to work it out if possible when he has time for it. (about 1 year ago) but he is very busy.
Pitti has made an addon manager to make this easier, you can easily add and remove outings or flies. It is to be downloaded from the RWFF clubhouse
library, by clicking at the downloads book and selecting addon manager.

For custom fly boxes there is a download there too.

Here is my custom flybox, it has got my avatar in the lid.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby dan94 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:17 am

thanks for replying :D :D :D :D :D but whats the name of the addon :?: ps. thats a good looking box you got there :D Cheers Dan94
dan94

Postby paul » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:56 pm

I've been working on the custom flybox system this week. It will allow you to define up to 24 box types (maybe 30 - not sure yet) and determine what goes in each one. You'll be able to pick which food types are included, like including all emergers, or all caddis flies, or stoneflies plus attractors, etc. You can choose whether to include floating flies, sinking flies or both. You'll also be able to specify flies by names using an asterisk for a wildcard, like this:

All flies with names starting with "Spey":
Spey*

All flies with names ending with "hoppper":
*hopper

All flies with the word "foam" anywhere in their name:
*foam*

By combining those methods you could get really specific, like selecting all sinking flies that immate minnows or misc. swimming prey that have the word "blue" in the name.

Each fly box will be defined with a text file, so those who like to customize the game can create sets of fly boxes and share them, just like sharing flies. If you don't have any fly box files the boxes will work the way they do now.

The work is going pretty well on this feature. I hope to have it ready this week, along with a few other improvements. I'm considering a feature to let you pick outings based on the species you want to fish for.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby richwest » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Dan,

The addon mamager is to be downloaded here:

http://www.janrochat.com/rwff/Real_Website_Backup/Real_Website_Backup/contest/library/____download/downloads.htm

It is the selection at the bottom of the page.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby dan94 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:33 pm

thanks Richard ive downloaded the files and it all works great :D :D and paul it sounds great making custom boxes so if you put your name in the flies name and told the box to filter it you would only get your flies anyway it sounds great :D :D Cheers Dan94
dan94

Postby Cutch » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 pm

The Flybox system will be a great addition, Paul...thanks. :wink:
Cutch

Return to RWFF Development