big steelhead crash

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

big steelhead crash

Postby Blue Heron » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:10 pm

When hooking up to larger steelhead (long, hard runs) the game will invariably lockup when a double-headed cartoon steelie begins to jump repeatedly in the same spot. It is extremely disappointing after tangling with a large fish on light tackle for 20-30 min. I did manage to land a 34" steelie on a 2wt in 'experienced' mode, but never in 'expert'. The only way out is to pop off the line when the game resumes, but I am usually punished with a steady stream of tiny brookies until my dues are paid in full. At first, I thought the double-headed leaping fish indicated that I had become hung up, but it happens too frequently for this to be the case. The problem never occurs when dealing with smaller 20-21" steelies--only the big 'uns. I'm running RWFF on Vista 32. Any advice? BTW: RWFF is a significant accomplishment and the only fishing game I have thoroughly enjoyed.
Blue Heron

Re: big steelhead crash

Postby richwest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:42 pm

Blue Heron,

I'm happy you enjoy the game.

Are you running the game under version 120 or are you running it under earlier version?

If you have an earlier version running, I advice you to update to version 120, you can do that trough the downloadsection of the Pishtech website.

It occurred to me also when I had version 118 running, it hasn't showed up since I have 120 installed.

Regards Richard
RWFF Clubhouse Manager
richwest

Postby Blue Heron » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure how to find the version number. The splash screen said 'Version 3' and the opening screen 'build 70813' in the lower right corner. No place gave the version number, but I followed your instructions and updated. The update screen said I was updating from version 114 to 120. Thanks. Now I'm going to schedule a trip back to the Polis. I had a fish pick up my streamer on a 5wt, ran out the line and half the backing against a heavy drag, paused a few seconds, then ran out the rest of the backing and popped me off. I'd be very upset to meet this fish again, stop him, then lose him to a program bug.
Blue Heron

Postby richwest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:46 pm

Blue Heron,

The version you are running is not version 120, I can tell by the buildnumber.

At the lower right bottom of the menuscreen it should say V120 B:80328.

So I think your update did not work. It is possible that Vista blocked it.
Look in the root of the gamefolder for the rwffver.txt file and open it, it should read 120.

Regards Richard
richwest

Return to Tech Support