Smallmouth Bass

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Smallmouth Bass

Postby reelemin » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Which is the best lake to catch smallmouth in?All i ever seem to find is schools of largemouth.Also what is you guys biggest smallmouth so far?Thanks and tight lines.
reelemin

Re: Smallmouth Bass

Postby sjc628 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:20 pm

My largest Smallmouth so far is 5.8 pounds, but I don't remember where I caught it. It is somewhat rare to catch one. That is one reason a trophy room in the bait shop would be nice, it could display your largest fish in each species and where and when you caught it.
sjc628

Postby bassmaster12 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:14 pm

ive only caught a couple my largest was just over 4lbs yes a trophy room would be nice has a picture of your largest of each species if your looking for smallies look around rocks and were you catch walleye they tend to like the same area sometimes you can get them in sparse weeds try a crankbait or a jig
bassmaster12

Postby Fisherman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:15 pm

I've caught a few 4 plus pounders on Kinnni Lake. Quite by accident, as it was during a tournament in the rain. The weather decimated my usual fishing patterns. A medium size orange plastic worm fished in about fifteen feet of water caught their attention. It was the second day of the tourney and I had gone almost fishless the first day. Being able to catch smallmouth as well as largemouth enabled a second place finish. This worked on another lake during an overcast day.
Fisherman

Postby paul » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:06 pm

There are some good sized smallmouth in Birch lake. I'm getting an update to the game ready in the next few days that will boost the smallmouth population in several lakes, but especially in Birch. That should help in the hunt for trophy bronzebacks.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby sjc628 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:52 pm

It would be great to see some large schools of bluegills and crappies, instead of the few scattered fish the way it is now. I could see it being a lot of fun getting into a school of them and catching them on the ultra light equipment.

Also, I have caught a 19# largemouth and a 21# pike and lost one larger then that. Without divulging the maximum size, could you tell me if either of those are close to that?
sjc628

Postby paul » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:38 pm

The exact maximum would be hard to cite exactly anyway. The maximum length is clearly defined for each lake and species, but individual fish have varying degrees of fatness. So a 24 incher might be unusually fat and weigh as much as an average 26 or even 27 inch fish. Get a 30 inch bass that's unusually fat and it could definitely break 20 pounds. I'm pretty sure the pike could reach the upper 20s or possibly 30. Maybe in a future update we could use some even more monstrous pike, something approaching the world record. Muskies would be a fun addition for real monsters too. I'd like to see what a 50+ pound muskie would look like in the game, following a 12 inch long topwater lure.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby bassmaster12 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:20 am

that would be a good idea paul adding some muskie in there also why not lake trout since we need more species then just bass, walleye, pike and panfish
bassmaster12

Postby reelemin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:32 pm

I caught a 6.2 lb smallmouth out of Birch lake on a small rattletrap that is my biggest one so far.They are few and far between though.It was a great battle on 6 lb test ultra light.Anyone else done any good?
reelemin

Postby reelemin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:02 am

I caught my largest smallie ever today on Birche lake.It was 9lbs even and took me a while to get in on 10 lb test.
reelemin

Return to VR Sportfishing