A couple of things I would like to see

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A couple of things I would like to see

Postby sjc628 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Great game. Here are a couple of features the game is missing that I would like to see added.

1: A record kept of say the 5 largest fish from each species that you have caught.
2: An animation showing the fish jumping out of the water now and then when you are reeling it in.
sjc628

Re: A couple of things I would like to see

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Great suggestions
Rob

Postby bassmaster12 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:53 pm

i agree that would be a great idea since its better then having to write it down
bassmaster12

Postby paul » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:58 pm

Both good ideas - I'm planning a record book or a trophy wall in the bait shop. I also want to get the fish to jump better, plus make a few other improvements. Right now I'm focused on a fix for a bug that keeps a handful of computers from running the game. Once that's solved I'll work on an update with a few more features for VR Sportfishing.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby sjc628 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:40 pm

paul wrote:Both good ideas - I'm planning a record book or a trophy wall in the bait shop. I also want to get the fish to jump better, plus make a few other improvements. Right now I'm focused on a fix for a bug that keeps a handful of computers from running the game. Once that's solved I'll work on an update with a few more features for VR Sportfishing.

Paul

Sounds great Paul.

Our friend Cutch told me you were the best and it certainly looks as though he was right. :D
sjc628

Postby Fisherman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:31 pm

I've been watching some of the action of the Australian National Tournament on MyOutdoorstv.com. They fish multi-species tournaments, in this case, Bream for two days, then Barramundi, then Bass. I'd like to see a multi-species tournament in this game as well. The challenge of catching Bass one day, then Pike and then Crappie, or Walleye, Bass and Perch, or any mix, would be interesting.
I'd also like to see some exotic species, at least set in the States. Florida has Peacock Bass in many locales and Barramundi in some lakes for instance, and they have Tlapia in Arkansas. A future expansion with exotic species would be cool.
Fisherman

Postby Hitman » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:46 am

Fisherman, I didn't know you guys had barra over there, are they purposely stocked or pets that have been released?
Here in Australia, barramundi have been caught well out of their range by people who had them as pets and just released them into the nearest waterway.
Work is for people who don't know how to fish
Hitman

Postby Fisherman » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Hitman, it came as a surprise to me as well. I saw it on a fishing show on MyOutdoorstv.com. Looked like a couple of small lakes or good sized ponds. Stocked though, not escapees. Maybe some of our Floridians can enlightlen us further... I'd like to fish for them someday, looks like fun to me.
Fisherman

Postby Cutch » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:10 pm

Good to see you made it, SJC. :wink:

Paul handles his games different than most of the previous games (other than Pishtech) that I've played, the creators hym-hawed around about fixing some things or adding anything new to make the game better. Paul fixes and adds things in a timely manner, and if it can't be done,..he tells us so. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Fisherman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:59 pm

I agree. We're in good hands here, and this is going to become an amazing game. Here are a couple of things I'd like to see in the future:
I've got nothing against spinning gear and baitcasting, but I prefer spincasting. Wouldn't mind seeing some closed face rigs in six, eight and ten pound test. I've caught multiple species and even 10 pound bass on these rigs.
I'd like to see a pond, instead of the usual large lakes. Panfish are great in small ponds, and any bass you catch seems that much bigger! A small boat with a electric motoer would be cool, or even "Spot" fishing on the shore. I've caught a bluegill over two pounds and crappie as big in small ponds. Little spinners and jigs work great!
A lake construction set would be awesome. It would be wild to have the ability to build your favorite lake for others to try.
Different casting styles would be a nice addition. Sideways and pitching would add some options in some of the more difficult areas.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:19 pm

An option for some longer tournament time would be nice. On some lakes, there is barely enough time to get from one end to the other, much less seriously fish, or figure out the day's pattern. Since we can save during a tournament, longer times would allow for culling.
Since the guy in the blueboat cut over and hit me, he should be fined and have to pay damages. How about some insurance? I shouldn't be penalized and tossed out of the tourney because he can't drive. I should at least be able to toss a shoe at him..heh.
Fisherman

Return to VR Sportfishing