The Baitshop

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

The Baitshop

Postby Fisherman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:17 am

With all the threads starting up I wanted to get one going that focused on the one thing that brings us all here: We love to fish. So grab a cup of coffee and have a seat, time to swap fishin' tales!
Anyone else force their way passed the "You've run aground" areas on some of the lakes yet? Some big bass and pike hang out in these areas. My favorite was tossing a surface frog to a small bass, only to have a huge pike come up out of nowhere and grab it instead! That was great! Since I only had six pound test at the time, it got away, but, that's called a "LDR" where I come from. LDR= "Long Distance Release" heheh.
Fisherman

Re: The Baitshop

Postby sjc628 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:00 am

With the huge selection of lures, fishing rods, realistic lakes and fish behavior, this is the most entertaining and realistic fishing game I have ever played.

Here is my largest bass so far, 19.1 pounds.
I caught him on a rubber frog using the spinning rod with 20 pound line.

sjc628

Postby bassmaster12 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:48 pm

holy molly thats almost world record just 3 more pounds you woulda been there nice job
bassmaster12

Postby Fisherman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 pm

That's a great bass, and on my fav lure as well. Topwater rules!
Here's a topwater lure tip: If a fish doesn't pay attention to your lure after casting it into that hotspot, raise the rodtip and use the right mouse button to pop the lure back a foot or two in the air. When it hits the water again it will "reset" the cast, and that fish you're going for may respond in kind!
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:34 pm

It's late September on Crystal Lake. The weather is overcast, a bit breezy and the fish are really biting today! Using a shallow running crankbait and a topwater popper, I caught two 9 plus pounders, two 11 plus pounders and a 14.2 lunker, all in a twenty minute period. Since we're buried in two plus feet of snow right now here in Flagstaff, it's great to get in a little fishing!
Fisherman

Postby bassmaster12 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:23 pm

ok now its was eagle lake a bit of wind heading west it was overcast caught me a 3.9 lbs walleye on a jig and hooked into a real nice largemouth on a spinner bait willow leaf tandom spinners and a perch popper got me a real good looking pike

so i caught no big bass all of them less the 1lbs and a .7 lbs pike with my 3.9 lbs walleye
bassmaster12

Postby sjc628 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:43 pm

bassmaster12 wrote:ok now its was eagle lake a bit of wind heading west it was overcast caught me a 3.9 lbs walleye on a jig and hooked into a real nice largemouth on a spinner bait willow leaf tandom spinners and a perch popper got me a real good looking pike

so i caught no big bass all of them less the 1lbs and a .7 lbs pike with my 3.9 lbs walleye

Eagle lake is a great place to catch pike, I got a 21 pound pike there a few days ago.
sjc628

Postby bassmaster12 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:41 pm

ok since i have the demo its eagle lake again still windy late june caught a 2.3lbs pike on a perch popper, a monster 4.8 lbs walleye on a red bucktail jig man did it pull, another 1.2lbs pike caught on a stick bait dont remeber the color, a giant 4.9 lbs largie on a black bucktail spinner didnt fight as hard as the walleye though :( the order of catch is backwards the bass was first and the 2.3 lbs pike was last all fish were caught on a 6lbs test in a very weedy bay in eagle lake all and all it was a good day
bassmaster12

Postby bassmaster12 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:44 pm

just so you guys know if you see a walleye chillin a weedy area its stocked and heres a tip to catch pike on light line set your drag to mid way then whenever the pike pulls off line point your tip towards the water it makes the fish lose balance and you get slack line that you reel up then repeat as many times as it takes you will lose some trust me but it catches you them
bassmaster12

Postby bassmaster12 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:21 pm

this a contining of my last report i ended up catching a 5lbs largie and some more jack pikes ive been gettin into walleye since i can land a big one almost everytime on light tackle unfort they dont like jigging spoons like what the guide said but they love bucktails and deep running crankbaits being trolled slowly on my electric trolling motor in bright or natural colors they do like jigging bladebaits everynow and a then though
bassmaster12

Postby bassmaster12 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:18 am

ok back from some fishin at eagle lake, its late june its a little breezy and it partial cloudy. so i decide to go hit some lily pads and grass, i toss out a varitiy of lures including a perch plug a frog stick bait and a bright colored crank bait, and deep runnin sunfish crankbait. i catch several small bass mostly over 1lbs with a few 2+lber and one 3lber, i also catch alot 1-3 lbs pike and a monsterous 7.2 lbs 30.6 inch pike on a crankbait. later i decided to head out to deep water and started to slow troll with my trustie deep runnin sunfish cranker and i set my thrust 30 and i slowly troll and i hook into 3 walleye caught 2 one somehow broke on me and i was mad cause it was huge my walleye were 1.1lbs and 2.8lbs not bad for walleye pulled pretty good.

P.S. im thinkin of headin out to canyon lake for some more bass and maybe some pannies
bassmaster12

Postby bassmaster12 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:43 am

ok like i said before i went to canyon lake it was breezy and it partial cloudy, tossed out crankbaits mainly. caught nothing big a few smallies and a couple of largies and one big boy i almost landed on a ultralight i was using for crappies still no pannies but hey i still caught some stuff there well ill be heading back there some other day and ill spread the story so far today no monster bass but one monster pike well cya all later, tight lines
bassmaster12

Postby Fisherman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Since the laptop/drag control issue has been solved, I decided to register the game on my compaq laptop that I used as a secondary betatest computer. The registration went without a hitch(kudos there, Paul), and I entered into my first bass tournament. I was out on the water avoiding the other boats when I suddenly realized that in my haste to get started, I had neglected to visit the baitshop! That meant I had only my Demo version fishing gear, and six pound test line.
Determined to make the best of it, I doggedly went forth. Despite losing two big bass, I managed a second place finish with four fish weighing 9.4 pounds.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:20 am

...It was the 2nd day of a two day walleye tourney. The first day had been raining, and I caught two walleye weighing a total of three pounds. Not the best day, but I had finally found a few fish after searching all morning. I went back to the same spot the next day. The clouds had cleared and it was sunny. I had seen a large walleye there, and he was still present. A good 3.6 pounder. Nice that, but as I drifted back along the point, I caught a 15.9 inch, 1.2 pounder. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw what seemed to be a school there.
...As a betatester, I had reported a "pod" of bass, all the same size and length. As luck would have it, on the 2nd day of the walleye tournament with .46 left on the clock, I found the walleye "pod". As I fished, they began to break up and scatter. There were about fifty walleye in a small area. I caught ten 15.9 inch, 1.2 pound walleye, two nice bass and a pike in the next .35 clicks. A 1.6 pound walleye was a parting gift. I took second in the tourney. All were caught on a small white jig.
Fisherman

Postby bassmaster12 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:03 pm

walleye love the bright small jigs when i troll for them i stop bring in then jig a red or white jig and i destroy them you need a fish finder to find them in deep water
bassmaster12

Next

Return to VR Sportfishing