Thoughts thus far

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Thoughts thus far

Postby Andrew » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:02 am

Hey all,

Loving the new game !!! only played 2 tournaments so far and i still only have the dingy .

Bigest fish :

24.6" 11lbs Bass
31.8" 41lbs Pike (tough one to get in on 20lbs line)

So yeah im loving the new game but once you do decide to make a patch i would like to see two things .

1. The ability to change view whilst realing in a fish you cant press V with your finger on the left mouse .

2. Mouse sensitivity , I have lost a fair few fish because i have a crap computer and the mouse reacts to fast so i would love to slow the sensitivity down .

Also the map in the top right hand corner is not working can you tell me why its like half a picture and the rest is green so i cant see where i am going.

Other than that great game and i will look forward to playing it again.

Andrew
Andrew

Re: Thoughts thus far

Postby bassmaster12 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:52 pm

i have only the demo so far but im suffering the same probs everytime i hook a big bass or pike whenever it moves it makes my rod and person move

so far for the demo hear are my records since you can only have light tackle and 2 lakes (eagle lake and canyon lake)

Bass 4lbs 9oz 20"

Pike 4 lbs 11oz 27.4"

yes i did the math so i can find out the exact weight

another problem i find is that the guide system doesnt accually prove to be right but is fun to listen to i had to a graph recorder to find out were to fish but only use poli glasses

also i think the demo should have the medium action rods to just becasue i always lose a big fish to the 6lbs line i have to use
bassmaster12

Postby Rico » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:04 am

I think the game is great!

I din't even know you could catch a 41 lbs pike! That's HUGE! :shock:

Originally, the demo was just going to include the ultra light rod with 4 lbs test, but Paul decided to add the rod with some 6lbs test also to make it less frustrating. You just need to take it very easy, and you can catch a big fish. Just need's patience, and skills :wink:
Rico

Postby Andrew » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:57 am

yeah it was at crystal lake . Now ive won all tournaments and ive got max everything so im jsut free fishing now .
Andrew

Postby Pman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:38 pm

My buddy and I both downloaded the demo, and are having fun sending pics back and forth using xfire. Very well done, congrats to you Paul. I too wish I could have a stonger pool and line, but i realize its just a demo. Frustrating as all get out to fight a big pike for 15 minutes and have your line break, lol. The only problem, I have seen is in the baitshop when selecting lures, my cursor is offset a couple rows to the right of the actual lure i wish to purchase. That is just an FYI, not a criticism. I, my self have only caught a 2.9 lb bass and a 4.4 lb pike. My buddy is crushing me with his weights. His bass was over 6lbs. But i did catch the only walleye, so i do have that over him,lol. Are there any plans for online capability? I was an avid player of trophy bass 4 and really enjoyed the competition. Again Paul, thanks for the demo and well done.
Pman

Postby richwest » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:14 pm

Guy's,

I think you should consider purchasing the full version of the game! then you will be shocked by the sizes of the largemouth that are cruising the lakes.

My catches are 28.7" 14.5pound and 29.3" 12.8pound Largemouth Basses, those gave me hell of a fight!

I'm quite fully equipped 1 rod of every weight, full electronics, thirth boat and over $24.000,- so getting clos to purchasing the ultimate Bassboat.

So, as I said, consider registering full version.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby sjc628 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Andrew wrote:Bigest fish :

24.6" 11lbs Bass
31.8" 41lbs Pike (tough one to get in on 20lbs line)

Andrew

I have been playing the the full version quite a bit and the weights and lengths of the fish have been very realistic so far. A 31.8 inch pike that weighs 41 pounds just isn't right though. :shock:
sjc628

Postby bassmaster12 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:58 pm

bassmaster12 wrote:i have only the demo so far but im suffering the same probs everytime i hook a big bass or pike whenever it moves it makes my rod and person move

so far for the demo hear are my records since you can only have light tackle and 2 lakes (eagle lake and canyon lake)

Bass 4lbs 9oz 20"

Pike 4 lbs 11oz 27.4"

yes i did the math so i can find out the exact weight

another problem i find is that the guide system doesnt accually prove to be right but is fun to listen to i had to a graph recorder to find out were to fish but only use poli glasses

beat the pike 7lbs 8oz is my new record it put one heck of a fight on 6lbs line
also i think the demo should have the medium action rods to just becasue i always lose a big fish to the 6lbs line i have to use
bassmaster12

Postby RickC » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:55 am

Great game. Pretty good graphics, decent product for the money. Lots of replay value.

I assume that the reel-in speed jumps to maximum speed when a fish strikes by design. If it isn't supposed to please let me know.

I'd prefer that it didn't jump up that fast the way it does. You cannot slow it down unless you stop reeling in and that's awkward with a fish on.

I don't have any problem selecting lures in the bait shop like others have mentioned.

RickC
RickC

Postby paul » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:18 am

Rick,

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, the reel speed automatically goes to max when you hook a fish since most of the time people will want to at least start out cranking fast, but you can adjust the reel speed with the page up and page down keys even with a fish on. If you want to reel slower with a big fish on that can be handy. As soon as you land or lose the fish the reel speed will switch back to the setting you had before you hooked the fish.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby bassmaster12 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:52 pm

here's another question is there trophies in the demo im just wanna know since if thats realistic then if a guy can catch a 44lbs rainbow on 6lbs test why not a 10lbs bass just my 2 cents
bassmaster12

Postby sjc628 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Andrew wrote:Also the map in the top right hand corner is not working can you tell me why its like half a picture and the rest is green so i cant see where i am going.

Andrew

I have the same thing after installing the latest drivers for my ATI graphics card. The map was fine before that. All the rest of the graphics in the game are great.
sjc628

Return to VR Sportfishing