Get Excited!!

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Get Excited!!

Postby Fisherman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:06 pm

I don't think I'm giving away any state secrets here when I say to you fishing fans out there that VRSportfishing is worth getting excited about! Still in Betatest mode, it is already the best fishing game I have ever played on my computer!! Believe it!
You know how in the Trophy Bass series, you could have a one pound bass snap twenty pound test line? Not here! I landed a 5.1 pound bass on 4 pound test line! And a pair of 4.8 pound pike! Good fights, too. Now that is fishing.
I love to use surface lures in real life, and this game is the next best thing to that. Last night, I tossed my surface frog lure to a little bass, only to have a huge pike come out of nowhere and take it instead! Very cool!
Rapala Pro? FLW Tournament, Bass Masters? This game beats them all!

Fisherman
Fisherman

Re: Get Excited!!

Postby richwest » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:31 pm

I'm BETA-testing also and have to fully agree with you.

See picture for one of my results.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby geraldro » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:28 pm

hi all,

I want it, I want it, I want it. :D

I cannot wait any more :evil:

it goes out when ? :!:

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby paul » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with the beta, guys! Do you mind if I quote you in the marketing materials? Since it's brand-new I'm going to need some testimonials.

As for when, I'm trying to pick the release date right now. The only major feature left is to get non-player characters out on the lake, especially during tournaments. Part of tournaments is competing with others for the best fishing spots, and most fishing games don't have other artificially intelligent characters out there on the lake with you. After that, a final round of testing and it should be ready to roll.

So let's make it offical: VR Sportfishing will release a week from today, on December 3rd.

The price hasn't been determined yet. I've got to collect some more surveys of the beta testers to factor into that decision. There will be a sale or introductory price until Christmas, though.

Friends, I want to thank you for all your support. The beta testers have been great, and others have also provided great feedback based on the videos and screenshots. You've all been very helpful as this project has progressed. I really can't thank you enough.

Now I'd like to ask another favor: Now that the release date has been decided, please spread the word! If you're active on any other fishing or gaming forums, please let people know about VR Sportfishing! This is the best time to spread the word, when people can get in on the introductory price, and maybe consider giving this game as a Christmas gift too.

Sincerest regards,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Fisherman » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:13 pm

Quote away, Paul! I'm glad to endorse a fine game such as this! Oh, and my desktop was running on 1024x 728 and my laptop on 1280 x 800, both with the detail cranked up to max.
Here's an odd notion. Any chance of a future update including a trolling mode? NO freshwater game has ever done that, as common as the practice is...

Fisherman(William)
Fisherman

Postby paul » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Yes, I've been thinking about trolling, and also wading. If those don't go into an update of VR Sportfishing, they'll go into a sequel. Ultimately I'd like to create a fishing game that gives you lots of techniques - casting, trolling, bank fishing, boat fishing, wading, bait, lures, fly fishing, etc. And in all kinds of freshwater habitats: lakes, streams, rivers, etc. And to let you explore and endless world full of places to fish - explore by boat, by land or even by air. As you can guess that's a huge project, but that's my dream for the ultimate fishing game. VR Sportfishing is a big step in that direction. I haven't decided yet which features to add in updates to VR Sportfishing, but there will certainly be some. Live bait is high on the list since there are lot of panfish and walleyes in those lakes now that would be fun to fish for that way. Trolling is a bit more work, with the need to pose the characters where they can both drive the boat and hold a rod, plus picking some good camera angles so you can see where you're going and also watch your rod. I agree, though - it would be a fun feature, so I'll give it some serious consideration.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Fisherman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:58 pm

All of that sounds great, Paul! It is the quality of the game and your commitment to long-term product support that makes VRSportfishing such an easy choice as a must have fishing game for me.
I'd enjoy flyfishing for bass and panfish in a pond or river. I am hoping that some vertical habitat will show up as well. Those southern lakes with all them there trees I always see in the fishing videos would be fun.
The fish themselves are of course the stars. Somewhere in Alabama they stock Tlapia (a fav food source fish out of Asia resembling large bluegills) in two lakes, they get 6 lbs plus. Also I note the introduction of Peacock bass and even Barramundi into Florida. So many possibilities.
Good luck on a great game, and I anticipate the Dec 3rd opening....

Fisherman(William)
Fisherman

Return to VR Sportfishing