VR Sportfishing

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

VR Sportfishing

Postby paul » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:40 pm

In December Pishtech will release an all-new fishing game:

VR Sportfishing!

The VR stands for Virtual Reality. You don't need a Virtual Reality headset to play the game, but if you have one it allows you to experience the fishing in a uniquely immersive way: the Vuzix VR920 display is a device you wear like a pair of glasses, with a separate display for each eye, which gives you a truly 3D perspective with depth perception. The VR920 also tracks your head motion, so if you turn your head in any direction you'll get the correct view of the virtual world. If you're driving a boat and look over your shoulder, you'll see your outboard motor and your wake. Stand at the bow and look down into the water and you'll see the fish. It really puts you inside the game like no fishing game has done before.

With or without a VR920 display, the game features:

Great graphics including life-like moving, reflective, semi-transparent water
7 life-sized lakes from different regions of the United States
7 species including largemouth and smallmouth bass, bluegills, crappie, perch, walleyes and northern pike
Dozens of lure types in several sizes and many colors for over 4,000 total lures
Lots of choices of views, including a first-person perspective
Realistic fish behavior based on Fishlogix, adapting to region, season, weather and more
Four realitic boats, from a simple V hull fishing boat to a high-power bass boat
A fully functional fish locator
A fishing guide who will analyze the conditions and help you decide where and how to fish
A variety of spinning and baitcast combos
Lots of adjustable settings to let you pick the right level of detail for best performance
Earning money through catching tagged fish and winning tournaments
Shopping for boats, fuel, electronics, rods and lures
Support for Stix wireless game controllers

There's a "Coming Soon" section on Pishtech with screenshots and a video preview. In the next couple of weeks I'll put together a new video that shows more of the game now that it's closer to completion.

Stay tuned for more...

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: VR Sportfishing

Postby oxquo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:59 pm

Any chance of float tubes showing up? I suppose it would make for a bad fishing derby craft but for all the tubers out there it's as appealing as wading is in the game. Look forward to playing this game, hopefully tomorrow. Great work.
oxquo

Re: VR Sportfishing

Postby paul » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:17 am

I like that idea! I've thought about that for a future game, but it might make a fun enhancement to VR Sportfishing too. I love float tube fishing myself.

Only hours to go till VR Sportfishing releases!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to VR Sportfishing