GAME RUNNING SLOWLY / JERKILY

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

GAME RUNNING SLOWLY / JERKILY

Postby EASALARMS » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:26 pm

HELLO EVERYONE, JUST BOUGHT THE FULL GAME ENJOYING IT VERY MUCH, BUT FIND THAT THE FULL VERSION RUNS IN A JERKY FASHION IN COMPARISON TO THE DEMO VERSION WHICH RUNS A LOT MORE SMOOTHLY, IE POINTER OR THE ROD & LINE DON'T MOVE SMOOTHLY THEY LAG BEHIND THE MOUSE MOVEMENT, I HAVE LOOKED ON THE FORUM BUT HAVE'NT FOUND ANYTHING WHICH MAY HELP. MY COMPUTER IS NEW WITH A VERY GOOD GRAPHICS CARD (GeForce 8600 GT NVIDIA) I ALSO RUN A REAL FIGHT SIMULATOR WHICH IS EXCELLENT. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON THIS PROBLEM PLEASE, THANKS REGARDS, FISHING ALARMAN.
EASALARMS

Re: GAME RUNNING SLOWLY / JERKILY

Postby richwest » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:54 pm

FISHING ALARMAN,

It could happen that you've got to many applications running in the background.
It is possible that they interrupt the game.
Please check.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby EASALARMS » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:48 am

THANKS RICHARD, I TAKE IT THAT YOU MEAN SCREEN SAVERS, ANTI VIRUS etc, REGARDS FISHING ALARMAN
EASALARMS

Postby paul » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm

Shutting down other programs is definitely a good place to start. Also make sure that you've downloaded and installed the latest update for the game from our downloads page. Strange as it may seem some of the newer, faster video cards do certain things very slowly, and the mouse lag you describe sure sounds like that issue. Real World Fly Fishing uses certain functions that got much slower on new video cards, so the latest update is optimized to use those functions much less often. The update should make the game run much faster on your computer.

Tight lines,

Paul Halter
Pishtech
paul
Site Admin

Postby EASALARMS » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:19 pm

Thanks to Paul and Richard for your help, I have now got the game running very well, Download and clearing other programs seems to have done the trick, thanks again. regards from Fishing Alarman.
EASALARMS

Postby Hitman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:04 am

Just a note for anyone using Vista, the desktop sidebar slows down the sim as well, so make sure you disable it before you play RWFF :wink:
Work is for people who don't know how to fish
Hitman

Return to Tech Support