Keyboard shortcuts

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Keyboard shortcuts

Postby Reg O » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:04 am

Hi Paul

I have recieved my RWFF cd from you in less than 2 weeks. Thank you for the quick sendout. You can add my name to the officially addicted owners of this game. :shock: Once I start fishing it is really hard to set the rod down and close up the tackle box.
I think using your game is just as informative as the fly fishing course I went to that had a live instructor.

I have a question about keyboard shortcuts. I have looked over the site and can't find any reference to any. ( The way I search I probably missed it lol ) Do you have a list of special keys for reconditioning the fly, etc. to use instead of pushing the spacebar and using the mouse, and if you do could you point me to it.

Thank you
Reg O
Reg O

Postby paul » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:30 am

Thanks for the feedback, Reg!

There aren't a lot of keyboard shortcuts in place right now. The fly tying feature (targeted for release in March) has a bunch. But as for what's in it right now:

Up and down arrow keys adjust the drag.
Left and right arrow keys move you forward or back from site to site (unless you have a fish hooked.)
If you sign in as "cheater" or "big cheater", you can use number keys as follows:
1: Show the fish
2: Show the bottom
3: Show the current
4: Freeze frame, useful for grabbing screen shots. Once it's frozen, press the space bar to advance one frame. Press 4 again to resume.

But you raise a very good point. There ought to be shortcuts for things like reconditioner. I'll see about getting more shortcuts in the next update.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Thank you Paul

Postby Reg O » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:29 am

Hi Paul

Thank you for your quick reply and I'll be looking forward to updates on game controls and more great fishing spots. Now, back to fishing, lol.

Reg
Reg O

Return to Real World Fly Fishing